Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upload and Download at Same Time

jmw100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've recently switched to Vodafone Broadband from BT and have had some unresponsive connections which the support team couldn't really solve, although they offered some solutions (which didn't work). It transpired that the problem is that the connection entirely drops on all devices as soon as one device uploads anything. So if one device sends 25 photos to backup it takes the download connection down on all the others until that upload is completed.

Is this a limitation of Vodafone's Broadband package, or is there a problem with the router? Is there a way round the issue? It had never been a problem with BT.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm sure I've not had that ussue on my Bt Infinity 1 either using the Home Hub 6 either @jmw100

I would have thought the dedicated Vodafone Broadband Customer Services Team could have clarified. 

What did they suggest to do which didn't help ?

Have you considered using a 3rd party router which may / may not resolve the problem. 

Hopefully a Vodafone Broadband Customer will see your post and reply. In the interim I'd check any Vodafone Faq pages and T&C's. 

Out of interest what is your download speeds ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks   :Smiling:    I will give them another try, before they couldn't locate a specific fault (although they could see disconnections which they couldn't explain) so they advised downloading the Vodafone Broadband app and changing some of the settings.  I'm guessing that the connection shouldn't be entirely dropping out.

The current speed is apparently:

4.51 Mb
Download speed
0.66Mb upload
98 ms ping time

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Is this an ADSL connection rather than VDSL?  I've found the VF router to not handle multiple devices particularly well, allowing a hungry device most of the bandwidth.  On ADSL though, the spectrun used for upload is different from download, so should be able to handle this OK.  However, if the router is 'getting in the way', this may explain the issue.