Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

User Interface not displaying properly.

Pedroverdi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I am on my second router from vodafone as they coud not work out why this was happening to us.   The user interface on the router when accessed via http://192.168.1.1  does not load properly.  Some of the pages load some of the time but the one I have an issue with never loads properly.  Therefore you cannot amend any wifi settings on the general settings page in basic mode or expert mode.   I can however access via the app on my ipad but that is very limited in what it can do.     Has anyone had this issue and managed to sort it?   I have attached a screenshot.

Cheers

34 REPLIES 34

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Pedroverdi,

I notice from the screenshot that you're using Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer).

Have you tried doing this on Google Chrome or Firefox? I see you have those browsers as well.

Hi 

Yes I have used Opera, Edge, Firefox and chrome all with the same results.  I have also disabled my firewall.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Are you able to view this page on your iPad via Safari?

Works just the same as the laptop. Should give you an alternative for now and allow you to make changes to the settings.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Pedroverdi Sorry to hear you're having issues viewing your user interface.

The advice above is great, so definitely give it a go, the only thing I would add to that is have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

Please keep us updated and let us know how you get on. 

I empty my cache and cookies.  i went through all the trouble shooting with the tech guys and there answer was a new router.   my wifes laptop and my ipad have the same issue.

Hi Peter,

You mentioned you spoke with tech guys, did they send you a new router? Run through any troubleshooting with you? Have you tried to reset the router to factory settings to see if that fixes the issue? 

A full reset of the router would require you to hold the reset button on the back of the router for 30 secs and release. There will be 4 green lights on the top of the router that will flash rapidly if this is being done correctly and once you release the button they will all turn off.

If you have tried clearing cache and cookies and multiple devices along with different browsers, I can only suggest speaking to customer service on 191 or via webchat if the resetting of the router doesn't fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks I have had a new router and reset it several times.   I will give them a call when my will power can stand to wait 30 min on them answering then another 15 min trying to explain the issue.   

:Smiling:

No worries Peter,

Sorry I couldn't help any further. Hope you get it sorted. :Smiling:

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pedroverdi Are you sure you're entering the correct username and password for the router, as this could be the reason you're unable to log in correctly.

Also try connecting to the routers software via Ethernet cable, as there maybe an interference with the Wi-Fi connection.

Please let us know once you've tried these options :Thumbs_Up: