Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF Router

parksk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a new VF Fibre Broadband customer.

I have noticed that every few days the router loses it's internet connection (flashing red lights on the router). But unlike any router I've ever used it doesn't automatically reconnect, doesn't matter how long I leave it. Then I have to force a reconnect from the router's web interface and all is good for a day or two until the connect drops next time round.

I have searched the router in "Expert Mode" to find a setting to make the router reconnect but can't find one.

I access my PC's remotely alot, I also stream TV when I'm away, so a router that drops the connection and doesn't reconnect is next to useless.

VF have already sent out a BT engineer but that did nothing to improve anything, the line still drops and router stays disconnected. Calling VF again tomorrow.

Am I missing something, any pointers on how to solve this?

I am only a few weeks into my contract so if this can't be solved I'll be cancelling.

Thanks

Keith

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @parksk

It can occasionally take 30 days for new connections to settle as per the information in > What-should-I-do-if-I-m-having-problems-with-broadband-connectivity.

I appreciate that’s pretty close to the Vodafone 30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee. 

Ringing the Broadband Team May help. 

08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks

But the issue for me is not the occasional drop out, it is the fact that the router doesn't reconnect after. I've had broadband since it was first born (and dialup before that), never have I had a router that did not reconnect itself after a line drop. This is my issue because I'm often not at home to reboot the router and need remote access to my machines.

Regards

BandOfBrothers

You’re welcome. 

Apart from speaking king to the Team or perhaps trying a 3rd party router I’m not sure what else I could suggest. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @parksk

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your router.

We'd like to look into this with you.

I've sent you a private message on how to contact us directly.