main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Very poor support experience / broadband speed poor

2: Seeker

I'm relatively new to vodafone - we moved across early December. Have to say that my experience so far is somewhat dissapointing ...

We are on Superfast 2 so should be getting a minimum speed of 55Mbps. However, the router currently says it's syncing at 33-34Mbps (highest I've seen it so far is 38).

I've raised this twice via online chat only to be told that the tech team we working on this. Well, I was a bit sceptical about this so phoned up yesterday and talked to this 'tech team' only to be told that NOTHING was raised with them. So basically the two individuals lied about this when I raised my issues via online chat. Hmmm.

The guy I spoke to yesterday asked me to check the cable and place it into the 'test socket'. Well, it seems that I don't even have one of these so this is not possible. He also said that he would follow up with me via email today so that I could confirm the outcome of those steps.... so far, nothing from him.

I would like to request that someone from Vodafone pick this up and escalate my concerns along with actually getting someone to check my line and ensure that I get the speeds I have been promised.... thanks.

View more options
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
5: Helper

As you are syncing below the min speed, use the app on your phone to request a rebate on your bill.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/guaranteed-speed

Although, rest assured that once the line is syncing faster, VF's connection will still be slow!

View more options

Yes!

As I mentioned, the app says I'm syncing at around 33MB but the minimum guaranteed for superfast 2 is 55MB. I've been told that a 15% discount has already been applied to my account, but I'm more interested in someone from Vodafone actually doing something about improving the performance ...

Vodafone - please comment.

View more options

Someone from Vodafone would like to comment here..... please ?

View more options
4: Newbie

minimum guaranteed for superfast 2 is 55MB for getting 15% of your bill . this is not the minimum guaranteed speed of your line ,

on your paper work it will say minimum guaranteed speed, minimum download speed and max dowload speed , or if you go on the vodaphone broardband sign up page and enter you postcode or phone number it will tell you your minimum guaranteed speed and if you are above that minimum then im sorry to say, thats all you are going to get 

View more options

This is what it says on the signup page:

This is separate from our Ultimate Broadband Guarantee which guarantees sync speeds to your router of 25Mbps for Superfast 1 and 55Mbps for Superfast 2, or money off until its fixed.

The way I read this, is that I should be getting at least 55Mbps.... right?

View more options
4: Newbie

no ,

go here and click on check avaibilly enter your postcode and address look at the guarantees Openreach Minimum speed:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/index.htm?cid=ppc-wvm/hbb/_71700000022973222_/prch/an&gclid=Cj0...

View more options

@RileySpencers Hi there, we'd love to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message with how to get in touch, so we can discuss your account securely. Joe

View more options