Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Very slow upload speed

Funky_Bunch
1: Seeker

I recently set up my OneDrive on Windows 10 and queued up some files to transfer. Since then I have been in regular contact with OneDrive support as I am getting a ridiculously slow transfer rate of circa 141 KB/s.

They have suggested all kinds of fixes and none have made any difference. - this includes reducing the number of files, using a wired connection, a clean reboot, closing all other programms.

I have done 2 speedchecks through different sources and both confirmed a wireless upload speed of 1.2MB/s. 

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Funky_Bunch, if you've tried the steps provided on their support page and are continuing to experience issues, we can take a closer look into your speeds to ensure that everything is running smoothly for you on our end.

So we can do this, please speak with our dedicated Broadband team on Live Chat and we'll be happy to check your connection.
Should your upload speeds only differ when using OneDrive, you may need further advice from Microsoft through the contact details provided on the support page I've linked. 

I am currently on Vodafone's "mid-tier" fibre broadband. Which allegedly has download speeds "up to" 34Mbps and upload speeds "up to" 10Mbps.

I have seen my upload speeds (as measured by Ookla Speedtest and NOT My Vodafone app) go from 6.5Mbps in early February, to just over 3.1Mbps from mid February to mid March, to the current figure of 1.1Mbps yesterday and today.

This is totally unacceptable.

Vodafone have recently made a big song and dance about "guaranteeing" their braodband speeds and, true to their word, over the same period my download speeds have regularly been between 23 and 28Mbps. However, when questioned about their decreasing upload speeds, they say their guarantee doesn't apply to upload.

How can they possibly justify an upload speed that is little more than 1/10th of what their advertised "up to" speed is?

As I am now out of my 18 month contract with them, I am seriously considering switching provider.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@fscibetta I'm sorry to hear about the recent slow upload speeds that you've been experiencing. Our Broadband team will be more than happy to take a look into these for you as we'd hate to see you go 😢 

I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch with us directly so they can investigate further. 

A related query from me would be to ask if the recorded upload speed is the total number of bits transmitted regarless of those received upstream in error or instead a measure of only the valid data.  Other posts refer to very high upload FEC error corrections recorded in the router, I guess meaning that these did get through but with no measure of those that did not.  I have a long line with huge upstream errors and to date have not found posts where these have been resolved.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

My apologies for the issues with your upload speeds @David_Lonsdale.

If you'd like us to look into this with you, please see the private message I've just sent to you on how you can contact us directly.

Quick update...

Since mid afternoon on the 21st March my upload speed has been regularly measured between 6 and 6.3 Mbps. The Vodafone Connect router shows it as 6.3Mbps.

Now, I don't know whether this is some random conincidence or whether someone has taken note of my frustration and rant in an earlier post and decided to do something about it.

So far there has been no response or acknowledgment from Vodafone support as to why the speed is back to what it was mid February.

Anyway, whoever "fixed" things, THANK YOU!