main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Vodafone Broadband App Problems [Solved]

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else having problems with the Vodafone Broadband app?

I recently installed it and went through the pairing process. It worked great for a few launches but now is now showing an 'authentication error' message whenever I try to launch it.

I've tried all the usualy methods of fixing a misbehaving app (uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing cache/data etc.) but it just won't work.

My connection/router is working great and I know I don't need the app, but judging by the 5 miniutes I spent poking around it seems like a pretty useful thing to have available and working.

Any ideas?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've fixed this and just wanted to give an update for anyone else experiencing the same problem.

It seems that WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) needs to be enabled on the Vodafone Router for the app to properly connect and authenticate. This is on by default, but I turned it off shortly before the app stopped working.

I've tried this multiple times to test. When I turn WPS off, the app fails to connect after a while and shows an 'authentication error' message. As soon as I turn WPS back on, the app connects and all features are available.

View more options
1 REPLY
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I've fixed this and just wanted to give an update for anyone else experiencing the same problem.

It seems that WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) needs to be enabled on the Vodafone Router for the app to properly connect and authenticate. This is on by default, but I turned it off shortly before the app stopped working.

I've tried this multiple times to test. When I turn WPS off, the app fails to connect after a while and shows an 'authentication error' message. As soon as I turn WPS back on, the app connects and all features are available.

View more options