Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Level 2 Team inability to communicate and help

pc4050
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I wish to share my frustration trying to get a Broadband service fault fixed.

I have been with Vodafone Broadband for many years and the Fibre service has been good until the past 2-3 months when the performance each evening started to deteriorate.

Speedtest performance during the day is consistently above 40Mbps and in the evening it has dropped as low as 0.13Mbps (with no WIFI connected devices).

It has now reached the point that the service in the evenings is verging on unusable and consequently several weeks ago I logged an initial call with Vodafone Broadband team.

The call was passed to Level 2 team who provided instructions to perform several Speedtest checks at different times of the day. Instructions were followed and screenshots were emailed to the provided address. After 3 days I called Vodafone for an update to discover the call had been closed with no explanation! I asked for the call to be re-opened and shortly afterwards received a txt message telling me "Congratulations... Your Fault is resolved..... Your service is operating within expected parameters"

I called Vodafone again and had to open a new call. I received the same email with instructions to repeat the Speedtest checks and I duly responded with screenshots as requested. That was over a week ago and despite calling Vodafone several times for an update and having numerous assurances that Level 2 would call me within 48 hours I have heard nothing. It would appear that Level 2 have better things to do than communicate with customers.

I am hoping that sharing this experience online will lead to some meaningful action from Vodafone otherwise it is time to change service providers.

Facts -

Problem only occurs in the evenings (approx 7pm onwards)

Speedtest checks were carried out using a PC with wired Ethernet connection and WIFI turned off

2 weeks on and Vodafone have not provided any assistance

Results submitted to Vodafone Level 2 team

04/04/2018 13:02 - Ping Response 23ms, Download 52.14Mbps, Upload 8.88Mbps

04/04/2018 18:05 - Ping Response 26ms, Download 41.90Mbps, Upload 8.91Mbps

04/04/2018 22:08 - Ping Response 56ms, Download 5.83Mbps, Upload 8.70Mbps

09/04/2018 20:06 - Ping Response 125ms, Download 0.13Mbps, Upload 2.75Mbps

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay resolving your query @pc4050. So we can take a look into this for you, please contact us through the private message I've sent.