Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Broadband Router - WiFi devices cannot access wired devices

diamondgeezer
4: Newbie

Joined Vodafone Broadband a couple of onths ago, been driving me nuts that none of my Wifi devices can connect to any wired devices, never had any issues like this before with any other router so I gave up and had an online chat with Customer Support and heres the reply

Thomas: Unfortunately this is not something our routers currently support. I think it is something we are looking into but as far as I am aware it is not possible at the moment

tony: any idea when this will be fixed

Thomas: I have no exact time scale on this but I can see a lot of customers are wanting to do this so I can't imagine it will that long. I am sorry that is rather vague
tony: Wanting to do this.......this is a basic feature - any work around like can I use another router
Thomas:

I agree but we do not support third party routers. I can not give the details out for this. The best solution would be that complaints procedure and see if they can authorize giving you the PPOE details

Come on Vodafone sort it out, this is a basic requirment of any home router.

24 REPLIES 24

Paul_NI
4: Newbie

I'm just iin the middle of a conversation with the Complaintts team who will not permit me to make a complaint about not being provided with my username and password.!!

Amazing, their router is not capable of internal routing and they won't let me use my own.

Now they won't let me complain as "management already know of the issue and won't be changing their mind".

Update to follow........

Amazing!  I cannot make a complant unless I have a Vodafone moble number as they cannot log a call against a non Vodafone moble contact number........  

18 mins / transferred 4 times......

Now through to 'top level complaints' who say they find it very strange that i won't be provided with username and password.  

They have placed me on hold........  27 mins.......

37 mins, still on hold........

After 42 mins, instead of taking a complaint, I have been provided with my username and password.

Phew !

And now connectedd via my own router!!

At last.

Congratulations :Smiling:

What complaints proccess did you follow? Did you have to phone up or do it via chat?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@diamondgeezer

Please give our Broadband team a call on 08080 044 848 and ask if they'll provide you with your username and password.

Unfortunately from the feedback we've seen, it does seem like some advisers have this information to give out and others don't. I'd advise to persist down this route until you've been able to get them.

@ChazzD

How does the username and password fix the issue?

@diamondgeezer, it doesn't directly, but it does allow you to use your own modem router so you can do away with the vodafone one entirely.