Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router Just Rubbish

tonycrew
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ok i guess you get what you pay for, i switched from BT in december as i thought i'd save some money, when in all actuallity i have lost money, there are 6 people in our house, and we can have maybe 4 people gaming via PC and PS4 at the same time,

This was never a problem with bt, despite not getting the guaranteed minimum connection i'm still connected at the same speed as BT anyway, we never had a problem with BT 4 people gaming at once, hows it cost money you may ask,

Well in game you buy items which run for certain periods, but when you keep lagging out you are losing time you would be using your addons etc. then they expire and you didnt get to use them.

All PC's, PS4 etc are connected via homeplugs same as when on bt nothing has changed, the 2 distributing home plugs are expensive onces capable of 1gb connections, the 2 are used 1 for usptairs connections and 1 for downstairs, so that there's 2 networks, anyway thats beside the point, it was all fine on BT, so my recomendation is anyone with gamers in their house if there's 2 of you don't bother, i've tried everything, disabling wifi only running 2 things at once, i even tried just me gaming and it didn't do that very well, in game it shows a decent ping, on the router it shows a decent ping, but the game lags badly,

when 2 of us were playing the same online game one ping went over 1000, they was kicked from the game and couldn't rejoin.

So there you have it another happy... NOT customer even ater chat etc still rubbish, i believe that my 18 month contract is not valid due to not reaching the guaranteed minimum anyway so with be switching ASAP

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Appreciate your viewpoint on this. 

I use Bt and the Home Hub 5 with split frequencies which I believe can be done on the Vodafone hub too. 

A person has a cooling off period to be able to leave. 

Unfortunately to note at the moment Vodafone won't officially release the needed settings to be able to use ones own router. 

I've seen a few posts where the Op isn't impressed with the Vodafone Router. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I too have moved from Sky to Vodafone with one person gaming on the xbox and two/three people on devices at the time.

Streaming of videos has become  unbearable I just use the data on my phone instead.
I have been onto tech support and have split it with 2G 5G and also changed the channels from 1 to 13.

I was asked to relocate the router from where it's located. This has not made any improvement.

I'm not a happy bunny tbh
I've just purchased a wifi extender to see if that will help with the signal etc.

I think it's 30 days to accept it and I binned the box of the router and the bag as initially things were fine now it's just unbearable. I think the router is the issue as there's no antenna on this router and they're saying the line is testing fine.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dawnmoo - I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems with this.

Please speak with our dedicated Live Chat broadband team and they can look into everything further.

If you plug your bt router into the Vodafone router and use the bt wifwithen you will solve your problem 

dlashxx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got fed up of ISP supplied cheap routers long ago. Do yourself a favour and get a proper third party router from someone like Synology, ASUS or D-Link. You'll never look back.