Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router issues

abates85
4: Newbie

My vodafone broadband was installed today and setting up my home ive come across the following issues.

1. My Laptop connected on the Wifi 5Ghz channel cannot see my Server connected by LAN Cable, if i disable the 5ghz band i can see the server fine but it reduces the functionality of the router.

2. I cannot connect to a device via port forwarding using the external router IP from within the network. however i can access the device from outside the network.

3. My fibre broadband speed is significantly slower (28MB) than the service i was recieving with sky (40MB) even thoughi was promised full (76MB) speed

has anyone else had these issues and can provide assistance ?

138 REPLIES 138

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VASCOELVAS

This isn't good to hear. 

If you still need any help once the technician has been, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Let´s hope I can share good news by Friday. Thanks for the support.

HB Service has improved a lot . Current Config:

Download - 10.5Mbit/s 

Upload - 1Mbit/s

Only using 2.4GHz SSID as 5G tends to hang internet/browsing on Apple devices.

Also using last router firmware  

Ocasionally there are laggy spikes, especially in gaming.

10 devices connected - 9 wifi ; 1 wired

Well done Vodafone Team,

Vasco

I will contact Vodafone Support once more as I simply can´t understand why this service is so incredibly unrealiable. It´s frustating to use it.

Thanks,

Vasco 

There are a few threads with this similar theme - not sure if you've seen them.  The long and the short of it is that the issue has been around since at least September last year.  You'll receive no help from Vodafone staff on here or if you call the broadband team (which I'm sure one of the moderators will post here shortly to say you should ...).

It absolutely is a firmware issue - Vodafone know about it, but by the looks of it still don't have a resolution to the issue.  The support teams will tell you it's a sonos issue or the router doesn't support routing from wifi to LAN (or something ridiculous).  The only options are to leave or use your own router (for the wifi or for everything).

I have just discovered the same issue with my Vodafone router. I've just switched from BT and using the BT Home Hub 5 or any of my own routes that I used before I never had any issues connection to my LAN devices via WiFi but now with the VF Connect router it just doesn't work.

Also found that the VF helpdesk are not that helpful as they had advised me that what I was trying to do was deemed as "advanced networking" which isn't supported by Vodafone. :smileylol:

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Yes, I think if you plug anthing in to the LAN ports, it's classed as 'advanced networking'  :smileywink:

Im having the same problem with connecting a wireless printer to tge router.

Ive been talking to the printer people who insist it is the router that is the problem.

Did anything come back from vodafone

laviscus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Do we know why Vodafone are so insistent on people using their router. Sounds like they're harvesting our data which they wouldn't be able to do in a non-Vodafone router (would have to be done at the dns level instead)

I suspect that one of the factors of VF not universally handing out log in details is that what is sold as up to 17Mbs ADSL connection is in fact a capped fibre to cabinet connection, the router does the capping to 20Mbs. They wouldn’t want these customers to use their own routers for obvious reasons, so I guess it’s easier just to make this a blanket policy.