Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router issues

abates85
4: Newbie

My vodafone broadband was installed today and setting up my home ive come across the following issues.

1. My Laptop connected on the Wifi 5Ghz channel cannot see my Server connected by LAN Cable, if i disable the 5ghz band i can see the server fine but it reduces the functionality of the router.

2. I cannot connect to a device via port forwarding using the external router IP from within the network. however i can access the device from outside the network.

3. My fibre broadband speed is significantly slower (28MB) than the service i was recieving with sky (40MB) even thoughi was promised full (76MB) speed

has anyone else had these issues and can provide assistance ?

138 REPLIES 138

@ WillVXR

Do me a favour please mate. Run that encrypted password through an online MD5 decrypter. It just might come out as the plain text password that you have been given. Also, how is the username worked out?

@lyonsj400

I am using a Netgear Router so I haven't got access to a Vodafone backup configuration file.

I feel sure that if it were possible to surrepticiously obtain your username and password it would be all over this Forum by now.

AFAIK there is only one way to obtain your username and password and thats from Vodafone.

Ok, so last time i will post on this.

vodafone have said they wont say if they are fixing these issues and have offered to release me from my contract.

its a shame that rather than fix known issues with the router they would lose customers but thats their call.

okay, I guess I'm just yet another having issues with this router.

It wont let me access a device on the network through a remote IP when on the same network. Which is a pain in the ##~## for me as i have to toggle between local IP and remote IP everytime i leave/return home on my home automation app and have 2 IP's set up for each camera....

My first thought was to crack on and change the router until i discovered i am unable to get hold of my login details

unfortunately for me I didnt read into Vodafone broadband before i signed up 'dough' otherwise i would of read this and not bothered myself with the hassle..... and went with a company that are actually interested in offering there customers a level of support that would encouage them to continue with their service

Unless i can get my login details or they fix the router issues I will be doing my best to get out of the contract i have stupidly landed in GGGRRRR

I too have exactly the same problems as those posted here, my plex server won’t work, If i use an alternate WIFI router the Vodafone router will not route anything from outside to said router, intermittent drop outs on Apple devices,

my philips hue bridge cannot see the internet at all and vodafone seem uninterested in fixing it, their resolve is to turn off 5ghz !! 

I complained on twitter around the 16th Feb and managed to speak to the help team that night, they promised a call back from the tech team but to date still call back, time for twitter rants again me thinks.

Moving from sky to Vodafone was my biggest mistake this year.....

@user2202

I want to completely disable everything the VF router does except supply internet connection, do you know if i should use an AP or something else for the wifi, if you have any working recomendations then happy to take your advice :Smiling:

I was considering one of these:

TP-LINK (RE580D) AC1900 (600+1300) Dual Band GB Range Extender

TP-LINK (AP500) AC1900 (600+1300) AC Dual Band Wireless Gigabit Access Point

Asus (EA-AC87) 5GHz AC1750 (1734Mbps) Access Point/Media Bridge

IMHO you need a router with Wi-Fi so your Vodafone box can act merely as a modem.

See below

Moved to Vodafone Home Broadband from SKY since 8th March 2017.

I'm using DSL (7Mb/1Mb) and my first feedback of the service is not fit for purpose. SKY provided exactely the same service with a TV offer on top. Same line (DSL) and overall SKY provided consistent quality with more than 8 devices connected.

I've called Vodafone 191 more than six times and all I've been told is you need to split SSIDs, "massage" the 2.4 wifi channels to avoid overlaps, because everything is ok with the line.

Can someone understand there's an issue with Vodafone Connect Router ? Capacity, wifi radio management,... whatever the issue, please let's fix it. I'm lucky to be an enterprise user with a mobile broadband hotspot.

After 21 days, I'm simply tired of not having basic internet service. Dear 

Vodafone, this is not the way to promide unmatched customer experience on a basic internet home service. 

Please, help me to help you !

Some data :----------------------

VF Connect Firmware: 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.6

I'm using DSL test socket at Vodafone Recommendation

Already Used both filters provided by Vodafone

SSIDs split for 2.4 (channel 1) and 5 (channle auto)

4 devices are currently connected in 5GHZ - Mac, iPhone, winLaptop, Apple TV.

Cheers,

Vasco

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VASCOELVAS

I'm sorry to hear this. We'd love to help. 

Please come and speak to our Broadband team on Live Chat, so we can look into it further. 

Thanks,