Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect firmware update to 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19

mw8523
4: Newbie

I ran the "Check for Update" on my router last night and was surprised that it applied the new firmware without giving me a chance to review the changes or to give me the option to bail out. It's all very well to offer the upgrade but I'd like to be in control and choose a suitable time - FRI night being one.

Anyway, luckily the router is still working after the upgrade but I can't see any differences. It may feel a bit snappier navigating through the various pages. Still slow but I think the UI is faster.

10 REPLIES 10

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

This would be a good idea, especially as the previous update had to be backed out.  I've been running with this for about a week now and it could be coincidental, but my download speed has been very erratic.  As low as 1-2Mbps but more averaging around 27-32Mbps, whereas I was getting the 'max' on the 38 package.

Updated to 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19 over week ago

but the connection still drops around 20 - 30 times aday

Anyone know what the current formware is? I'm on 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sat505 I've just been in touch with our Broadband team and they've advised the latest firmware is 

5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19 🙂

@Alex wrote:

@sat505 I've just been in touch with our Broadband team and they've advised the latest firmware is 

5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19 🙂

Any idea why I don't have it? I've checked manually for updates and it says not available.

I got in touch with support. Apparently my router hadn't been provisioned properly. Now fixed and on the latest firmware. 

Support were rather impressive I've got to say. Praise where it's due. UK staff and helpful and knowledgeable.

Now the bad news - I'm getting daily disconnects that I wasn't getting on the old firmware! How annoying. Be careful what  you wish for as they say.  Is there anything I can do to fix the issue?

My Firmware update causing my lots

@sat505 wrote:

Now the bad news - I'm getting daily disconnects that I wasn't getting on the old firmware! How annoying. Be careful what  you wish for as they say.  Is there anything I can do to fix the issue?

lots of internet dropouts and errors!! very poor again.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sat505

We're sorry for the delay to your response.

We're glad to hear your issue has now been sorted.

Was it one of the guys in Glasgow that you spoke with? If so, they really know there stuff up there!

Thanks