Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT:

Had to leave unfortunately

Thread can be closed if needed. 

28 REPLIES 28

robmar0se
4: Newbie

It would be helpful if you could tell us when with TalkTalk whether you were using their local loop or Openreach.  If the former maybe the work at the exchange was not completed properly?  A quick test is whether yr landline number changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not too clued up on the 'access' portion of circuits, but I suspect that Vodafone have done a working line takeover. I work for a small CP myself - doing some WAN stuff but mostly security. I can't get a connection from there for a few reasons.

Landline Number has remained the same. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely shocking download speed, looks like severe congestion at exchange or closer to core network.

I think the giveaway should be the fact TalkTalk and Virgin Media appear to have a lot more Internet Transit capacity from what i've seen and heard

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine, terrible download and roughly 3/4× greater upload speed.

Where in the country are you?

Spoke to support today, they called me. No progress 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blackpool, UK. I have access to the exchange it goes back to just to annoy me even more. :Worried_Face:

Pay peanuts... get...

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Anonymous Oh no, I'm really sorry to see you're not getting the speeds you should be. When did you move over to Vodafone? If you're still within your first 10 days your router will still be in it's settling in period; whilst we run tests to make sure you get the best possible speeds and connection in the long term. 

We'll be happy to forward your query to our Broadband team for them to run diagnostics and help to improve your performance. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with us directly.

Please continue to keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rubbish as usual

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous We'll be happy to get our Broadband team looking into this for you. So we can take your personal information safely, please contact us using the Private message @TJ sent.