Vodafone FTTC 76/20 Severe Jitter , Packet Loss and Slow Speeds

Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT:

Had to leave unfortunately

Thread can be closed if needed. 

28 REPLIES 28

Interesting.

I'm in Blackpool as well. What exchange are you connected to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Central Exchange.

I've seen your posts and i've experienced the same in that i've never ever seen above 60Mbit/s although my TalkTalk connection would easily do 74Mbit/s

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issues continue.

I'd like an Openreach engineer out, but for some reason you seem to use the excuse of needing to speak to the account holder holder who is not technical at all. The account holder has previously verified that they'd like me to speak on their behalf. I'd also appreciate if we were called by someone from 'L2 Support' and not 'Social Media' as with all due respect it's unlikely they'll understand the issue(s) at play here. 

There is a chance that there's 2 issues at play here: general physical connectivity issues (bad line termination at PCP) and also general over contention at exchange as per my previous posts. 2 different openreach modems (Huawei and ECI) have been tried with negligible difference between the both. The Vodafone Modem / Router has been tried but it's definitely not something suitable for this specific home network. 

I'm sure why Vodafone like to auto close their support tickets after 72 hours automatically. So even though this line has been running off the master sockets for the last 2 weeks, chances are support will make us go through this stalling process again. 

As I understand an Openreach service test has previously not flagged up any 'copper' issues, I'm not usre why the support person wasn't willing to drill down to DLM statistics for me as this is something OR make avaiable to all CPs who deliver FTTC connections. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My exdpereince is that either they don't have the technical know-how, or theyhave so many issues they just can't cope with the staff they have.  Their pricing is attracting a lot of new business..

If they really are stretched and can't cope one is going to hit one's head against a brick wall. 

My advice to my client is to terminate discussions with Vodafone as all our dealing apart from the initial enquiry have been .unprofessionial.  We have one last request from their "Director's Office", but notwithstanding what they say, I'm sure my client will run, taking all his mobile contracts with him.

Decision day is this Tuesday!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Did you complete the form enclosed in the private message I sent out @Anonymous?

If so, please provide us with the email reference number we'll have sent out to you - it'll look something like this [#1234567] and we can chase this up for you with our Broadband team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

TJ

Thanks @Anonymous. Apologies for the delay in getting everything resolved. I've chased this up for you and asked one of our Broadband team to contact you as soon as they can. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say my issues are resolved, but this weekend the internet has been a lot better and I thought I'd measure this somewhat objectively. As you can see I'm getting near to what my line is capable of now. Hopefully it stays like this and I can possibly be given a reason for the poor performance in the past?

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Anonymous - They are some very encouringing speeds recorded. Fingers crossed this continues 🤞 Has our Broaband team contacted you yet? As they will be able to provide you with a reason why your line speed has been poor recently.