Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

I was reminded of this thread last night when I attempted to use my wireless PC to alter some input settings on my networked AV Receiver.

Of course my wireless PC was unable to find my wired network AV Receiver. At this point I realised why and went off to find a network cable.

Once my PC was connected by wire the AV Receiver became visible.

An update is long overdue so how about Vodafone accept that their inability to fix this in a timely manner and allow people to leave this dreadful service without penalty?

Further to my comments, I've now switched to vodafone, and I have to say everything I've tested has worked. TV (panasonic) can access my WD nas disk via DLNA, when the TV app first starts, ot complains it cant detect a DLNA server but after a monute or so it then appears, and i can stream from ot no problem. My TV, Sky and FIre stick can all stream happily and i can print to my epson wireless printer.  Testing using bt wholesales own test shows 37 mb download speed, about what i was getting with john lewis broadband.

I have checked, and my firmware upgraded to 5.4.8.1.160.13.77 so for me happy days, and im sorry DNLA doesn't work for others.

Richard

MonkeyJabba
4: Newbie

Adding my +1 to get this sorted. My old TV/amp had problems, I have a new Panasonic TV and I have to choose between having DLNA access on the TV, but not using SmartPhone app (as it can't see the TV), or having the Smartphone App but not DLNA.

Amp also could not update firmware/run app wired into router, but wifi is fine. I've tried adding a switch as others have suggested and this does nothing. This is a serious fault with what you're placing as a marker leading solution yet it's stopping all my smart devices - some of which I've had for 8 years, multiple providers and never had an issue. 

Also problems with my DLNA enabled Roberts aerial, but if I route that via a Wifi booster, problem goes away - I do not need the booster as I have a strong signal.

Wish I'd understood the issues more at the start, I would have returned.

@MonkeyJabba: you'd need to add a router to stand a chance of getting your wired issues sorted. Typically, you would place a switch at the end of a single cable run to add more devices but usually it has no configurable routing. Regards.

@SpiralGalaxy5 thanks - yes, I think you're right. Not a great, tidy solution at all and likely to cause grief with my remote access requirements no doubt - which again were not easy in the first place with the VF supplied router!

Thanks for your help.

Came home from work this morning (I work nights) to find my internet royally screwed up. Couldn't log into router it was that bad. 

After a hard reset it turns out I have had an upgrade. Not sure of the benefits but as I had previously used my former BT SSID and wireless password as well as 192.168.0.1 for the router IP address things needed changing.

Seems I cannot use my old BT wireless key/password any more as it doesn't include a capital letter. That will cheer the kids up with all their wireless phones/devices.

I would like to think all my wired to wireless (and vice versa) woes are over but I am still shellshocked over the hour I lost just regaining access to the network and the internet.

So time will tell.

MonkeyJabba
Interesting, I had problems yesterday/this morning with my iPads losing the network, so I checked my router which I couldn't login to because THE PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED BACK TO THE DEFAULT!!!

Not checked firmware, will do that later when I get home.

Seriously, how on earth does a router/firmware go back to a default password!?

tonymackie
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
At last, the Vodafone Connect router has been fixed and allows DLNA streaming from my Seagate Goflex NAS. Only had to wait 8 MONTHS for some basic functionality! Be warned, it took a factory reset which wiped out the SSID I had given the router. Good luck everyone.

jaysy
When you say it's been fixed.....You forced the factory reset yourself or you went through VF support?? which then picked up new FW or same ?
But you are saying a full reset has resolved... ?

What is is your software and firmware version?

This is where i am

System running for
17 days, 22 hours
Software version
Vodafone Connect router model name
Vodafone Connect
Vodafone Connect router hardware version
ADB 963168_ADBVOX25