Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

Hi,

Can any of you tell me how you got the update,at the moment I use a link as an extender to my room and that splits the ssid name for 2.4/5ghz.Still use Vodafone connect with DCHP but I turned of dns all works well but I like all of you want my Vodafone router working as it should.Just curious how you got or forced the update my firmware is at 5.4.8.1.160.13.77

Thanks 

Tp link and turned of DCHP joined together with long Ethernet cable, Is it possible for anyone to upload the updated firmware file.

brotherbrush

Oh this is depressing - having read through this thread. Last weekend my Vodafone Connect router decided to make itself invisible to my Windows devices on wifi and a Belkin plug in booster. I can still connect to the router if I use LAN for these laptops and can still use wifi for Android and Mac devices. I subscribed to Vodafone Home Broadband as it looked a good deal, great speed and I am a mobile customer already. All looking good. Since I signed up at the beginning of the year, all has been fine. Absolutely no issues - and that's having two teenagers in the house with about four thousand devices. Each. Last weekend (9th July to be precise) something happened. What? On line chat told me that the firmware had bugs so they upgraded. That's a joke. Vodafone said they'd roll back if I took responsibility. If I took responsibility? What a joke. They rolled me back. Absolutely no change. What are you going to do Vodafone? Get it sorted or I want to end my contract as you're not holding your end of it up. I've checked. I'm a consumer. You're not. Please fix this. I just want it to work and not have the hassle of changing providers. If this isn't fixed I'll be changing to O2 when my mobile upgrades and I've been with Vodafone for donkey's years. I realise you may not care about one customer leaving, it happens all the time, but where's your loyalty to me? End of rant. Please just fix what you're paid to fix.

brotherbrush

Oh this is depressing - having read through this thread. Last weekend my Vodafone Connect router decided to make itself invisible to my Windows devices on wifi and a Belkin plug in booster. I can still connect to the router if I use LAN for these laptops and can still use wifi for Android and Mac devices. I subscribed to Vodafone Home Broadband as it looked a good deal, great speed and I am a mobile customer already. All looking good. Since I signed up at the beginning of the year, all has been fine. Absolutely no issues - and that's having two teenagers in the house with about four thousand devices. Each. Last weekend (9th July to be precise) something happened. What? On line chat told me that the firmware had bugs so they upgraded. That's a joke. Vodafone said they'd roll back if I took responsibility. If I took responsibility? What a joke. They rolled me back. Absolutely no change. What are you going to do Vodafone? Get it sorted or I want to end my contract as you're not holding your end of it up. I've checked. I'm a consumer. You're not. Please fix this. I just want it to work and not have the hassle of changing prividers. If this isn't fixed I'll be changing to O2 when my mobile upgrades and I've been with Vodafone for donkey's years. I realise you may not care about one customer elaving, it happens all the time, but where's your loyalty to me? End of rant. Please just fix what you're paid to fix.

Ok, just had a good conversation with a Craig from first line support. Respect to Craig for getting it. He couldn't fix the problem, but understood how annoying this is. I get that no wifi is such a first world problem, but hey ho, it's our current opponent.

He has passed it on to tech support for permanent resolution (fingers crossed; not overly confident given the history of this) but mentioned in passing that connecting an old router (and who of us doesn't have the one we used to use with Sky, BT, Plusnet etc) into one of the LAN ports and switching wifi off on the Vodafone Connect router may well work as a 'piggy-back' work around. Hey presto, it does. Wifi back, albeit through a secondary modem, but it does work.

Thank you Craig

Just got back from holiday today to find my network down, but my router firmware upgraded to 5.4.8.1.271.1.59 (was 5.4.8.1.160.13.77) with the completely new UI.

Briefly tried using Sonos while logged into the Vf router Wifi, but the Sonos controller still cannot find the Sonos network, which is the problem I had before. I'll do some more tests and try resetting all network devices .. 

crowster80
4: Newbie
Exactly the same with me..... still works via 3 access points fine but not the router when I turn wifi on. Sky q can now be hardwired which it could not before so something has changed... I have gone to sonos but think this is still a router issue

That's a surprise. I was away last week, came back friday and hadn't noticed anything until your post popped up in my mail. I've got the new version and interface.

I see you can set your own IP addreses for the second WLAN, and also define DNS manually.

Also see my DLNA server shows up instantaneously on my TV, rather than after a minute of "nope no server here..."

jaysy
router issue.

Power it all down....
start your connect up first (leave your iPhone/iPad next to it so it doesn't connect to any AP at next step 2)
Then power up APs
Then go back to your iPhone/iPad, join Vf router wifi and connect to Sonos app it will all work(may have to cycle a Sonos but it should work)

Make sure you can ping everything on your network (use fing app)
Now walk and go to an AP with iPhone/iPad to access it via AP check router and you should see iPhone now on network side (if it's a wired AP from connect - Sonos will still work.

Then go back to connect and as soon as that wifi picks you up it won't let you back to hit your lan side - so you won't be able to hit any Sonos or AP or anything LAN for that matter (just Vf router wifi devices)

have all captured traces and its tier3... But if you could confirm above to make sure I'm not alone that would be good.

jaysy
Above in response to crowster80