Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband / Vodafone Connect

dynamick
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi there. Firstly the speeds and setup on my broadband have been great, so has most of the customer support I have had with initial gremlins on setup

I do have two big headaches though. I have a zyxcel nsa325 network drive which I store music, photos, movies etc on and On my old plusnet modem I just plugged it in the ethernet port and my Hitachi tv saw it. Now although the drive is visible through my PC and is visible wordlessly on the home network, the drive is not seen by my TV *unless the drive is plugged directly into the the ethernet port on the TV. So what setting am missing, there is no help or suggestions on the net, with it being a new modem there is no firmware 6 for it either.

Secondly, when I signed up for vodafone home broadband I was told that I would get 10 email addresses too, I have no idea where they are or indeed the pop/imap.plus.net settings for the addresses or the settings so I can send emails on my current email address.

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Mick
373 REPLIES 373

I agree that both of you clearly have an issue where your wired and wireless portions of the same network are partitioned. I can't explain this, or why on my network i can see everything wired and wireless.

I have made sure on each wireless device they have the same workgroup name, and that on each, windows sees the wireless network as a trusted network and can browse and share this network (network discovery is on).

Just to be clear this isn't a configuration issue, at least in my case. All windows devices are set to "private" and have sharing and discovery switched on, all operating in the same subnet, all in the same workgroup whether on WiFi network or LAN.

The Vodafone AP was the only AP in my tests, and for me it's important to be able to access shares through the house. So, I had switch off the Vodafone WiFi and chain another router off it making it a glorified modem at this point. Now I have WiFi with access to LAN. It's the only way I can find to do this just now.

OK, understood, just covering all bases as not everyone knows about windows trusted networks. There has to be something different between our configurations though as it works for me. I'll have another wander round the settings see if anything strikes me. otherwise i could list all my settings for comparison. 

Having reread recent posts I suspect my recent wi-fi/wired issues are connected with the newest firmware update ending 271.1.1.59.

Previously I had been very happy with the modified firmware as my similar long standing issues had all been resolved.

Hi @WillVXR and @jaysy

Sorry to hear you're both experiencing difficulties with your routers at the moment.

Have you been in touch with the broadband team? 

They should be able to investigate this for you and find the cause of the error.

Thanks,

Viki

fault already proved to your tier3 and they have taken it away to write fix for it.

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Okay, thank for the update.

Please let me know how it goes.

Viki

Saw the flurry of posts on this topic so I took a look and was pleased to see the improvement in configuration options in my VF router with the new firmware, also that my previous settings had been preserved through the update. I realise that some are still unhappy but the features I wanted to see (e.g. DNS address visibility and ability to change - yes I know to a WAN address but I'm guessing most people will be using DNS over WAN). Credit where credit is due, Vodafone ARE responding to customer feedback and I'm quite happy with the network availability and speed at my location.

Thank you for your positive comments, I will pass this on for you :Smiling:

Louise

So Louise, one person is happy and comments will be passed on.

Thats great (sarcasm intended) when I can't even print from my wireless computer to my wired printers, although  I can when thay are all wired.