Ask

Solution

Vodafone Home Broadband - a problem with the connection speed

Zingeer
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello
(Sorry for my English)

On 1th March , Vodafone has successfully connected my new internet - "Unlimited Fibre 76".

At the beginning it was hard because there were problems with the connection, but that's normal told me in support.

It has been 14 days and I still do not have full speed: ~ 25mb / s download | 8 mb / s upload.
My computer is connected by a wire but it does not matter, because I tested on other devices, and is the same.

I wrote on a live chat with Vodafone and they suggested the opening of the master socket and connection to the test socket which I also did, but nothing has changed.

Earlier the same mains socket was connected router and Internet Fibre 76 from another company, and speed was correct.

What can I do ? :Smiling:

5 REPLIES 5

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Zingeer You can call 08080 034 515 to speak to our dedicated Broadband team, (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Give them a call and let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

Well, they are now working on this problem.

But I have another question. Is the router has the option of QoS (Quality of Service) or something similar. Because when one user downloads a large file from the Internet, on other computers, the internet works very very slow ..

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Zingeer

Ther's an option to use beamforming with the service, this may help you with the speeds. 

My computer is connected via cable. In addition, I have lost data packets. And still the speed is lower than the guaranteed.

Ping statistics for 212.58.246.79 [bbc.co.uk]:
Packets: Sent = 445, Received = 430, Lost = 15 (3% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 35ms, Maximum = 56ms, Average = 40ms

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Zingeer, we'd like to help with this.

Please speak with our dedicated Broadband team on Live Chat and we can assist you further with this.