Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Router Browsing Webpages from Devices

BigG93
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Recently had Vodafone Fibre installed. I have noticed since the installation that I am often connected to the WIFI with full signal via 5GHz and 2.4GHZ on some devices drop outs in internet connection. My devices are showing full signal however when browsing the internet you are unable to load webpages, watching videos stop and buffer and spotify stops playing. About 20 seconds later everything starts again and this can happen constantly for 5 mins at a time before settling for half an hour or so. Another example is using the facebook app you scroll down looking through the feed then all of a sudden nothing loads however you still appear to be connected to the WIFI.

Any ideas ? I am using the default router config with Channel Selection set to Auto

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BigG93 Have a go at changing your router channel and let us know if this improves things for you. 

Changing Wi-Fi Channels – Split SSID

You can do this by logging into your router menu:

- Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1

- Enter the password - vodafone

- In the top right, change this mode to expert mode

- Go to the Wi-Fi tab

- Scroll down and click on split SSID

- You’ll then see the two options, one for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, in each section, you’ll see the SSID name – we’d recommend changing the name to have a 2 and a 5 at the start, as you’ll then be able to identify which is which on your device.

- Hit apply

Changing Wi-Fi Channels

- In the Wi-Fi tab, go to settings from the left menu

- Here you can change the channel of the 2.4Ghz/5Ghz channels from Auto.

- We’d recommend either 1,6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz
- Run a speedtest before you change the channel and then another afterwards, as you’ll then be able to see any difference it’s made.