Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Router - enable modem only mode

johnd779
2: Seeker

Hi,

My vodafone broadband was activated today - a day late but thats seems to be par for the course!

Before signing up for vodafone broadband I asked if the supplied router would be able to run in modem only mode and was told yes it does (see attached screenshot) however I cannot find how to enable this and the router comes without any useful documentation. Can anybody advise how this is enabled please?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

John

4 REPLIES 4

chilaspt
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Following, however I think the live chat agent got it wrong, unless vodafone has another firmware  version that they can deploy.

Mrgundam

Safe to say the agent got it wrong. 

I am in the same boat as you and after a bit of research if you want a truely bridged modem you have to get your PPPOE details from Vodafone and put them into a compatible modem like an Openreach one. That can then be set to bridged mode and you can use your own router.

Unbelievable that Vodafone send customers routers than cannot be put into bridged mode.

Hi Guys,

I'm currenlty with BT Fibvre on 76Mbps down and 16Mbps up on their top unlimited package.

I use the BT Modem and my own Router (with PPOE user/pass) - no t using any other BT kit

I suspect that, like you guys, I am considering a move to Vodafone for the same promised speeds and functionality that I receive from BT but at only a fraction of the price...

Can I please ask your feedback on the following items

1. Is the speed as good as BT - truly unrsitricted and with low latency?

2. Is it just a simple case of keeping my same Router and Modem and chaning the PPOE user/pass in my Router?

3. Have you seen any negatives moving to Vodafone from BT?

Cheers,

David

machare
13: Advanced Member

@Splinxwrote:Can I please ask your feedback on the following items

1. Is the speed as good as BT - truly unrsitricted and with low latency?

2. Is it just a simple case of keeping my same Router and Modem and chaning the PPOE user/pass in my Router?

3. Have you seen any negatives moving to Vodafone from BT?

Your own router should work fine if it already connects to BT FTTC. You will need to obtain and then enter your vodafone username and password.  The service I have works fine, however it is clear that everyone is not so lucky.  If it is obvious that your service is slow particularly in the evening and probably due to contention on the back haul from the exchange my advice would be to quit during the cooling off period.  See Vodafone  Vodafone T&C