Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone connect router - iPhone browser not supported - can't connect to wifi

Brookyshortt
1: Seeker

How do I get around this problem, I'm trying to connect my iPhone to the wifi, but as it goes to the log in page it pops up with and error message saying that my browser isn't supported, my iPhone is as up to date with everything and Safari is the only browser I have? Please help?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Brookyshortt

Does your iPhone connect Ok to other Wifi points such as Coffee Shops / family and friends Wifi ?

Does the wifi icon show up in the iPhones status bar ?

Can you try resetting your Network Settings from within the Reset section in your iPhone. 

Can you try a reset which is typically by holding in the power button and Homebutton until the Apple Logo appears. It's slightly different for the newer iPhones with the newer home button layout. 

If the iPhone isn't connecting to any Wifi to allow Internet Access then you can get a diagnostic run on it via a Genius Bar at an Apple Store, or an alternative if the iPhone was supplied by Vodafone is to hand it into a Vodafone Highstreet Store where the employee will take a look and if necessary send it off.  People on eligible contract types can use a Courtesy Phone while theirs is sent off - if they have one in-stock. 

If the iPhone is connecting to other wifi Ok then try forgetting the Wifi Network in the iPhones settings and then re try setting it back up. 

Split the frequencies in your Home Broadband Router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and then hook up to each one to see if that helps. 

Do other devices and phones connect Ok to your routers wifi ?

Try changing Wireless Channel in the Router. 

I understand you use Safari so try clearing that browser. 

Perhaps download Google Chrome and see if that browser helps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

More basic than the above, the wifi connection is through you iPhone settings, it doesn't use a Safari browser window.  You should be able to open up your wifi connections from the settings page and enter the details there.