cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whats up with your customer service vodafone? Is anyone in the team bothered to respond?

alexGGG
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Signed up to the fibre 70mb a year ago. First 1 or 2 months were alright and not had any big issues. Then month after another speed got very inconsistent. Went on live chat like 5 times repeating the whole story and only to be told each time that they will get back to me after further checks. Each time I had to go back to get an update because no one called me as promised. I then got on the phone and managed to speak to someone who claimed to be a supervisor. She said she is going to get the tech team to do further investigation. I was ignored again for couple days so i got back on the phone once more. By the way.. I've gone through all that wifi channel changing stuff, no luck.. 

Some time later, they got back to me saying that they could not identify any fault and cant seem to fix the issue and that they cant help further because it is wifi related and that they dont guarantee wifi speed.

See at this point I started doing further checks myself. I was getting like a mixture of speeds from 3mb to like 25mb certain days and sometimes even 0.5mb. I realised that the 2.4ghz was worse. I was getting like 50mb on 5ghz wifi while getting like 5mb on 2.4ghz. That did not look right. I connected the laptop through ethernet and i was still getting roughly 5mb-10mb. 

Got back on the phone and explained the issue again with new findings and explaiend to them that it was not just wifi I was having the issue with and its ethernet too. Connected a different laptop, still same issue. Again.. they said we will do further checks and get back to you. No one got back.. And this Im talking about was couple months ago.. I've mentioned numerous times on live chat and on the phone that it might just be a bad router. They insisted that they cant get me a new router just because of wifi speeds. This was just getting funny at this point. I've never ever experience such customer service. Simply Appauling..

Roughly around 2-3 weeks ago, on a saturday, i was on live chat again. I was promised this time that if someone does not get back to me or fixes the issue, I can cancel my contract without having a early termination fee because of all the stuff i went through.. No one got back again.. and I never bothered to call this time.

Now.. Many customers I see on this forum are experiencing same if not similar issues. People are paying £30+ for fibre connection and even though their routers just like mine are syncing at full speed, we are not getting no were near fibre speed and we are fed up of constant drop outs, very slow and inconsistent speeds and very poor customer service.

When you are advertising the service you say that it is truly unlimited with no caps or hidden fair usage policies... meaning that there should be no throttling and so on.. So we should get constant fibre speeds of at least between 50mb-70mb depending on traffic and time of day.. We should not be dealing with speeds of 5mb download and 0.5mb upload. If its like what your tech team are saying and that there is nothing wrong with the line and or area.. Then there is an issue with the router? if thats the case we should get them replaced asap with no questions asked.

This is my last message/call to vodafone. Its either sorted after this or bye bye.. 

13 REPLIES 13

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alexGGG We'll need to raise this with our dedicated Broadband team to resolve this for you. We take your details securely through the link we've provided to do this.

Please let us know how you'd like us to contact the team in a response to our email and we can then arrange for them to help you further.

@Natasha

How many emails and posts do you need to see to be able to raise this to your so called dedicated broadband team ? How many more times am I going to get responses from your site moderators and administrators of each repeating the same thing. "Please let us know how you'd like us to contact the team"? and you want this "sent in a response to your email".

1. I've clearly expressed my self and explained in full detail all the issues I have been experiencing. This was in a email sent to you and as you can see and scroll up the thread, its on here too. 

2. Not once, not twice but three emails were sent to your broadband team already, numerous live chat sessions, numerous times on the phone and you still have the **** to ask me for further emails ?

I dont need to write here because I can see that you guys have no clue on what your doing or that your just bored and taking the ##~## out people. Not that I expect any help and that you will sort the issue out, but I will carry on writing on here so people can see what kind of a ##~## service you guys offer.

Honestly speaking, worst customer service I have ever experienced and untill something is done.. I will carry on here and just to let you know.. I will no longer send you further emails or details of anything.

@ AlexGGG.  I feel for you.

@ Alex, TJ, Natasha.  I suggest you speak with a Supervisor in "Broadband" department and try and provide a 'Value Add' customer service that a 'SME' business would provide let alone a giant company Vodafone should be providing.

@ All.  This thread has finally made my mind up to stay with BT (more costs) rather than changing to Vodafone (and we were keen to do so but no longer).

Untitled.jpg

A little speed update. This is what I am getting now on vodafone fibre 76.  Ridiculous....