cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When are you going to reconnect those of us knocked off by last nights upgrade (21/02/2018)?

andyhardy99
1: Seeker

Internet connection went off at approximately 2200 last night.

Tried standard modem/router steps for getting the connection several times (switched it on and off again, disconnected from power, let caps drain out and powered back on, disconnected phone cable and reconnected) - nothing.

Checked again in the morning before going to work, nothing.

Checked connectivity to home devices from my workplace, nothing. I spoke to a chat representative from my computer at work who informed me that changes had been made last night to improve the service, but some customers were disconnected. This may relate to why the broadband part of your website also went down at around the same time last night (Although I notice you got that up and running again quickly enough).

Well, now I am left with a flashing light on my router as there is no internet connection and an evening of watching broadcast TV. Great.

Any ideas when you are going to get this back up and running for people? I know from looking at the comments on downdetector.co.uk that this is a bigger issue than just me here in Eastbourne. How about putting headlines of current issues on your support website? You never advertise to people the issues you have, so it's quite frustrating as it appears you are sweeping the bad news under the carpet.

Keeping customers informed of issues is key to good customer service, but I fear you don't really care and paid lip service when you were recently fined by our weak government regulators.

Some information would be great - ideally, how long will it be before I get my internet connection back? If it goes on much longer I will just switch to EE who offer cheaper naked DSL (especially now I am outside of my initial contract).

Thanks,

Andy

1 REPLY 1

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

My apologies for the delay in my response @andyhardy99.

Has you broadband now resumed as normal?