cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WhyI is 75mbps fibre just like 11mbps ADSL ?

Stigmeister
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was so excited to be finally getting super-fast fibre broadband last month. When it was activated I did a speedtest and my download speed was 75 mbps with 9ms ping.  But as I surfed away I got this rather disappointing feeling that web pages were not opening any quicker, there was no snappiness about the browsing experience. This continued for about a month, speed stayed at 75mbps but no real difference to everyday browsing, video's would buffer a little. Then a few days ago my speeds suddenly plummeted to just over 40 mbps and I felt angry that my speed stayed the same for 'cooling off period ' but then  plummeted after I could not cancel. I have opened a ticket but have not heard back.  But,  I also noticed that browsing is slicker, snappier, well faster. Is this my imagination ?  My sync speed is now 36.6 and seems to go down 3-4 mbps  every night. Do router sync speeds only go down in the dead of night ? ?  Will this level off or am I in freefall ?

3 REPLIES 3

R1KSU
4: Newbie

I have a similar problem I came from BT on 52mbs, could stream fine, I moved to here on 76mbs and only get 52mbs, never higher, its as though I'm still capped on downloads, uploads are 18mbs, streaming buffers to.

They asked for screenshots of speed tests which I sent and they dont reply or ring back when promised, I to have gone past the 30 day cancellation, but they are not giving me the promised package so hope to be able to cancel, especially now that BT give 76mbs as standard now  

It is strange, 75 or 52 should be fine for, well everything. My sync speed stayed at 36.6 last night and everything seems to be working fine but I was guranteed 70 mbps, so I will be looking for partial refund unless my sync speeds start rising. But I signed up when we got free gift and I have selected gift but they have said it will take up to 60 days to be delivered ( pre-paid mastercard ) so if I cancel guess I will lose free gift.

Good luck, I went for £100 cashback with Quidco as I signed up a week earlier than the free gift start date.

My min Guaranteed speed was 52.7mbs, all my speed tests never got over 52.5mbs, so I asked an hour ago on the phone if I could cancel the service as I'm not getting the service I signed up for, their reply was " oh you are getting 56mbs at the router, thats where are guaranteed speed is measured" They refused to send an engineer out to de cap my line, So I'm stuck, very annoyed.

Worst Isp I have ever been with, Even SSE who only managed 3mbs on a 76mbs line sent lots of engineers out and let me leave without charge were better than Vodafone.