main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

WiFi speed less than 2mbps on fibre???

2: Seeker

Buffering on I player. Did a speed check, Vodafone app says 40 Mbps. Broadband speed check says less than 2mbps. Anybody suggest why?

View more options
9 REPLIES
Administrator

@Ormy We wouldn't be able to guarantee your Wi-Fi speeds as there's lots of factors which can affect this. 

Please try a speedtest on a wired connection and get back to us with your results. 

We'll then be able to gain a better understanding of any issues you may be facing 🙂

View more options

Wired connection is 34 Mbps. Speed on WiFi TV is 27mbps , speed on TV upstairs connected through powerline adaptor on ethernet 6 Mbps, speed on mobile phone Moto g5s is 1.86 Mbps. Seems like when connected to 5 Hz is fast and 2.4 Hz is ridiculously slow. Some items only connect with 2.4hz. necet had this problem before. Would my old sky router work? The connection on that was brilliant. 

View more options

I think dial up was faster than this

View more options

Also, when running on 1.86 Mbps, the vodafone app on my phone says 40 Mbps!! Definitely not the case. Also, the WiFi symbol is full bars. I think there's some dodgy Hardwear being knocked out. 

View more options

I apreciate how frustrating this must be @Ormy - there's nothing worse than slow speeds. We'd need to look into this in further detail with you. Please see the private message I've sent you on how to contact our team directly.

View more options
12: Established

Have you tried changing your wifi channel? 

Which device are you getting the buffering on?

View more options

I have just joined Fibre on Vodafone with the superfast 2 package. Does it take 10 days for the speeds to increase? At the moment I am getting rubbish results on Wifi for download yet upload is solid on both ethernet and Wifi. I get like 10 mbps on wifi and 38.2 on ethernet, which is still not guaranteed speed. Yet sync speed is at 67?

View more options
17: Community Champion

A lot of factors can affect wifi speed, particularly router positioning and possible channel interference.   If you're getting a good speed on a wired connection, that's the speed you'll get and any bedding-in won't afect wifi.  I'd suggest Googling slow wifi and following any advice you find.

View more options

Thanks for your reply!

Tbh I think it must be the testing period as my speeds either go to 30 mbps or 10 mbps within seconds of testing on Google speed test. Same with ethernet, its down to 10 mbps now but was at 30 mbps this morning. 

I will wait for a few more days to see if its stabilises

View more options