main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

WiFi speed?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Hi,

Since moving to Vodafone for the life of me I can't get my wifi to get full bandwidth. 

I have tried with the Vodafone router, my Synology RT2600ac and a borrowed Tplink Archer C3200. 

I have moved the router, checked for wireless interference using WiFi analyser, set 5ghz to AC only and still can't get my full bandwidth on wireless. 

My internet is normally 64Mbps download rate with a sync of 67000 Kbps, on an iPad air 2 iPhone 7 and Samsung S8+ my wifi didn't go above 50Mbps. 

Also I tested a moved the router today and one router swap from the Vodafone router back to my Openreach modern cost me 6Mbps in sync rate. 

Any ideas?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was told by the 2nd line fault tech team that the capacity issue is Vodafone specific- basically, a supplier has a space in the box and puts in their own routing- Vodafone’s isn’t up to scratch and capacity doesn’t match demand. I’m told that my area will be fixed in 3-4 weeks at the earliest. So I’ll hold on until then, and if no improvement I’ll leave without fees. 

View more options
24 REPLIES

Hi @Ikoma

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

Are you using just the one microfilter or have you doubled up?

This could affect your Broadband capability.

View more options

Lucky you. Mine doesn't go much above 5mbs during peak times.

View more options

I have a Openreach MK4 socket so the dsl line goes straight into that, I have tried my devices at my fathers house where I get 130MBps on his virgin line and that’s with interference on the 5ghz. 

I usually have 63Mbps down, however unplugging my line once has took me down to 60Mbps. 

The only change in this this house was from BT to Vodaphone, on my wired PC I get full bandwidth, however on the following routers I don’t get full bandwidth. 

Synology RT2600AC (Used with BT, used to get 73Mbps on WiFi)

Dlink AC3200 TRi Band Router

Netgear X4S Nighthawk 

Most of of the time I get 50 or so Mbps, there are no other networks interfering so what’s up?

any ideas?

View more options

Does Vodafone use the same network routing and infrastructure as BT, I'm getting buffering on videos that I didn't experience with BT. Routing/peering seems worse now.

I rent a Plex server with my firends, one is with BT, one is with Virgin and they both have no issues. Yet I buffer.  

How owe do I determine if my area is congested? I could always get full speed with BT, but looking at my issues my line seems very variable at the moment. Going from 60Mbps to 20Mbps on reliable speedtest, would make sense with the buffering. 

View more options
Administrator

@Ikoma So we're able to look into your query further and get you in contact with our dedicated Broadband team if needed, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

View more options

I’ve been told that my problem is a Vodafone capacity problem and that it’ll take at least 3-4 weeks to fix! That’s why I am losing speed at peak times-  because Vodafone simply doesn’t have the right connections/wiring in place at the local exchange to cover demand. I’ll be asking for a 2 month (at least) credit on my account tomorrow. 

View more options

I have contacted support via the link given, however in the meantime I have a question. Does Vodafone use the same routing as BT, is it just the connection at the exchange that is different. 

Is the peering/routing the same. I think a lot of my issues are coming from slow routes to places. 

View more options

Wired connection on Xbox oneWired connection on Xbox one

Have I got the slowest Vodafone connection in the country?  

View more options

Does anyone know if Vodaphone and BT use the same peering/routing?

Im fed up with buffering, never had this before I switched, what are my cancellation options?

View more options
Administrator

@Ikoma Once we've picked up your email and raised this to the appropriate department, they'll be able to assist you further with any questions you may have. 

@RobB82 Have you previously contacted our Broadband team regarding this? 

View more options

Still not heard anything, other than my email goes from one department to the next. 

Does anyone one know if the peering/routing on Vodafone is the same as BT, are all Openreach services basically the same or are they provider dependant. 

My routes to to streaming services are way worse now. 

View more options

I was told by the 2nd line fault tech team that the capacity issue is Vodafone specific- basically, a supplier has a space in the box and puts in their own routing- Vodafone’s isn’t up to scratch and capacity doesn’t match demand. I’m told that my area will be fixed in 3-4 weeks at the earliest. So I’ll hold on until then, and if no improvement I’ll leave without fees. 

View more options

Cheers Rob,

We moved from BT as they are much more expensive, however my service has been bad, the routing has gone off a cliff. Streaming is buffer mania and I don’t want to put up with it. 

View more options

Still no email reply. 

View more options

I just kept bugging the customer service teams on the live chat. I’ve not sent one email or made a call yet.

View more options

Still waiting for my reply to my email

View more options

@Ikoma

We're sorry to hear this.

When you emailed us you will have recieved an auotmated response which contains an email reference number - it looks like this, [#12345678].

Let us know your reference number and we'll chase this up for you.

Thanks.

View more options

View more options

Still heard nothing. 

View more options