Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Worst Customer Service I Have Had To Deal With

ImmuneWH1T3W0LF
1: Seeker

So I got the Unlimited Fibre 76 Broadband with Vodafone about 4-5 months ago. All was fine, fantastic speeds, till about a week ago. On Dec 1st 2017 I contacted the live chat about my slow speed problems (I should have been recieving at least 35mbps download, I was recieving 5mbps max), and all they did was give me solutions I have already tried, tried to blame me or my devices or where I have the router placed, even though none of these have changed since signing up with them. They then raised this concern with the "tech" 2 team.

A few days later (4th Dec 2017) the tech 2 team sent me a text (not a phonecall, a text) to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my internet, even though I was still getting the low speeds. I contacted live chat again, and after explaining to them that they were getting me to do the same tests I had already done a few times they raised the concern with the tech 2 team again, even though I asked them not to as I knew what the outcome would be.

On the 5th Dec when my speeds dropped to become practically non-existant I contacted them again, which required removing all devices, except my laptop, from the network just so I had a connection stable enough to contact them. The first chat cut me off almost immediately. Upon starting a new chat I proceeded to complain, and went through the exact same process as I had the last few times, even though I explained what I had already done, meaning they were paying no attention to my messages at all. In the end when I asked for a way to identify them in a complaint they ended the chat yet again.

Today (Dec 6th) my internet fully dropped, so I decided to phone the complaints line. After being in the queue for 10 minutes they hung up on me, by this time my internet was back up so I decided to go back into live chat while I tried to ring the complaints line back. After being in the queue for another 20 minutes on the phone they hung up on me yet again, and the "advisor" I spoke to on live chat was no better. They proceeded to lie to me, speak to me like I was an idiot, withheld information used to identify them and failed to fix my issue. After I pay them £33/month for unlimited internet (which they are failing to supply) their solution  was to advise me to buy a SIM, put it in my own phone (which already has a SIM which is from another company), they would give me 50GB as a gesture of good will and I would have to use that till they could solve my issue, keep in mind their are 3 of us in my house.

tl;dr - My bottom line is if you're wondering if you should go with Vodafone, don't. They get you in with great offers at the beginning, then don't care about you as long as you keep providing them with money. I will be ringing up tomorrow and I either expect this issue to be resolved or I will be leaving and going to another company who actually cares about their customers.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ImmuneWH1T3W0LF

I agree its reasonable to expect a usable service. 

When you ran your speed tests may I ask What the Ping speed was ?

Im sure youve tried everything at your end to try and resolve this situation. 

Personally because I connect via a wireless connection and not an Ethernet cable I chose to change wireless channels and to split the frequencies in the router to 2.4gzh and 5ghz and switched around as some devices prefer one over the other connection type.

My colleague connects via Ethernet cable and found swapping that out helped. 

Another colleague decided to use their own 3rd party router which resolved the speed issues etc for them. 

I hope your issue is resolved asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

WileE2017
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

@ImmuneWH1T3W0LF wrote:

So I got the Unlimited Fibre 76 Broadband with Vodafone about 4-5 months ago. All was fine, fantastic speeds, till about a week ago. On Dec 1st 2017 I contacted the live chat about my slow speed problems (I should have been recieving at least 35mbps download, I was recieving 5mbps max), and all they did was give me solutions I have already tried, tried to blame me or my devices or where I have the router placed, even though none of these have changed since signing up with them. They then raised this concern with the "tech" 2 team.

A few days later (4th Dec 2017) the tech 2 team sent me a text (not a phonecall, a text) to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my internet, even though I was still getting the low speeds. I contacted live chat again, and after explaining to them that they were getting me to do the same tests I had already done a few times they raised the concern with the tech 2 team again, even though I asked them not to as I knew what the outcome would be.

On the 5th Dec when my speeds dropped to become practically non-existant I contacted them again, which required removing all devices, except my laptop, from the network just so I had a connection stable enough to contact them. The first chat cut me off almost immediately. Upon starting a new chat I proceeded to complain, and went through the exact same process as I had the last few times, even though I explained what I had already done, meaning they were paying no attention to my messages at all. In the end when I asked for a way to identify them in a complaint they ended the chat yet again.

Today (Dec 6th) my internet fully dropped, so I decided to phone the complaints line. After being in the queue for 10 minutes they hung up on me, by this time my internet was back up so I decided to go back into live chat while I tried to ring the complaints line back. After being in the queue for another 20 minutes on the phone they hung up on me yet again, and the "advisor" I spoke to on live chat was no better. They proceeded to lie to me, speak to me like I was an idiot, withheld information used to identify them and failed to fix my issue. After I pay them £33/month for unlimited internet (which they are failing to supply) their solution  was to advise me to buy a SIM, put it in my own phone (which already has a SIM which is from another company), they would give me 50GB as a gesture of good will and I would have to use that till they could solve my issue, keep in mind their are 3 of us in my house.

tl;dr - My bottom line is if you're wondering if you should go with Vodafone, don't. They get you in with great offers at the beginning, then don't care about you as long as you keep providing them with money. I will be ringing up tomorrow and I either expect this issue to be resolved or I will be leaving and going to another company who actually cares about their customers.

Hi @ImmuneWH1T3W0LF

I am in the exact same boat,  been with them 7 months and the last 2 months have been shocking speeds in the evening only,  been trying to get the issue resolved since 8th November with no success, the tech2 support are terrible, I think they just read off a support card with options to try, no clue what so ever!

They too also tried to blame my setup, which is the router, ethernet cable and one PC.  It's funny how the same setup provides good speeds in the morning and afternoon when the load on the exchange is low.

Currently got a logged complaint through resolver so it actually gets logged and doesn't get lost in the Vodafone ether.

I suggest you raise a complaint so it can at least be tracked and you have proof of the complaint.

Join the club of complaints of slow broadband