Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ZyXel VMG1312

RR1024
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone managed to get a ZyXel VMG1312 router to work with Vodafone Broadband?

It "sees" the VDSL signal but will not connect.

I have my broadband username & password although there is some confusion. One support person said it is ???@broadband.vodafone.co.uk, another said it was ???@businessbroadband.vodafone.co.uk,

Have tried both and neither work.

One person gave me the VCI and VPI numbers but they appear to be for ADSL connections and I am on VDSL.

Tried them anyway in the ADSL config page and still cannot get the ZyXel to connect.

I need to get this router to work as Vodafone's router will not work with routed static IP's.

Is there some information that I'm missing? If anyone can help with this router and tell me what I ned to enter, or what information I need to get from Vodafone, I would be very grateful.

4 REPLIES 4

MrWhite
10: Established

Have you enabled VLAN and set the tag to 101?

Thanks for the reply Mr White.

I hadn't enabled the VLAN because no-one in VF support told me about it, although I've since seen several posts on here about different routers and settings the VLAN to 101.

The ZyXel has a section to enable VLAN. 

There is a box labelled 802.1p - I've left that at its default setting of 0.

Another box labelled 802.1q - I've set that to 101.

I'm not able to try the router just yet as I'm out of the office but will report back when I get the chance.

Thanks again.

In the ZyXel VDSL WAN settings, I enabled VLAN, entered 101 in the box labelled 802.1q and the router connected straight away. So, happy about that, but this could have been resolved much earlier if Vodafone support had just told me this information.

Their support is truely awful.

MrWhite

Unfortunately if you want to use your own kit then Vodafone won't support it. I can see their reasoning so as not to support a vast range of devices