main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

cant connect tv box to router

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I have just switched to vodafone but the router will not connect to my iptv box 

all worked fine with my old talktalk broadband and router, but I can not get my system to connect to the vodafone router, I am using a Lan cable. I can connect other devices but my tv box will not even show up in the router configuration page, any ideas ?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4: Newbie

try setting the network manually, you should beable to see the network ip address on the box, i would set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or use opendns. also dissable the wifi, when you conect the ethernet cable to the switch or router you should get a light on/flashing

on a windows pc press and hold the windows key and tap the letter R this will open a run box type in CMD and hit enter.

now in the command window type ipconfig /all and hit enter look for the network adaptor and then the ipv4 address, subnet and gateway.

all but the 4 set of digits of the IP address should be the same, try typing in the comand window ping <IP addrerss of box> the pc will send 4 pings and the show the results your looking for packets sent 4 packets lost 0

if you are seeing lost packets check the cable and try a differnt pot on the router. i would alos try dissconecting all connected devices on the network and only having the sat box connected.

also try youtube and search zgemma H7 network setup

View more options
7 REPLIES
13: Advanced Member

Some early YouView boxes benefit from being reset, but this will remove any access to content that has been recorded!

It might help if you tell us which IPTV box you are using!

View more options

it is a zgemma H7 box

View more options
Menu
Setup
System
Network
Device setup
Then run a network test
 what do get with the above?
View more options

lan adapter-connected 

local network-disconnected

dhcp-enabled

ip address -confirmed 

nameserver-unconfirmed

View more options

ip address was showing as unconfirmed when trying to use ethernet but changed to confirmed when i managed to get the box to connect using a wifi dongle , but connection speed is terrible and tv is unwatchable. I really need to get the cable connection working... no tv working in our house since I switched to vodafone on christmas eve....so guess how popular I am with the wife and kids....

View more options

try setting the network manually, you should beable to see the network ip address on the box, i would set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 or use opendns. also dissable the wifi, when you conect the ethernet cable to the switch or router you should get a light on/flashing

on a windows pc press and hold the windows key and tap the letter R this will open a run box type in CMD and hit enter.

now in the command window type ipconfig /all and hit enter look for the network adaptor and then the ipv4 address, subnet and gateway.

all but the 4 set of digits of the IP address should be the same, try typing in the comand window ping <IP addrerss of box> the pc will send 4 pings and the show the results your looking for packets sent 4 packets lost 0

if you are seeing lost packets check the cable and try a differnt pot on the router. i would alos try dissconecting all connected devices on the network and only having the sat box connected.

also try youtube and search zgemma H7 network setup

View more options

thankyou, I finally got it to connect but the speed is terrible, tv is jerky and freezing every few seconds and goes off completely if my daughter connects her phone to the wifi... I have read many similar posts on the web that vodaphone simply does not work for streaming TV, something to do with packet data. I guess I will have to cancel it and move to another ISP

View more options