Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

fibre broadband

chanman789
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

january 2018 we scheduled to have our wifi provider swapped over from talktalk to 38mbps fibre. after waiting for 2 weeks for the go live date, nothing, and after calling we are told by Vodafone the order was cancelled by the system for an unknown reason.

(eventually we are told it was talktalks system that cancelled it)

reluctantly we decide to go for it again. after an excruciating 2 weeks more, of no WiFi for the next go live date and nothing, we're told again upon calling, the system cancelled the go live date for another unknown reason.

we're told on the last call that we can reorder the fibre for another 2 weeks of waiting, but this time we're reassured that it will definitely go live on the date. we go for it.

Feb 14th was the date it was to go live and surprise. it hasn't gone live. no internet connection.

2 months of disappointment this is ridiculous

5 REPLIES 5

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really disappointed to hear of your recent experience with us @chanman789.

So we can look into this with you, please follow the instructions in the private message i've recently sent to you.

Sorry to be rude but why on earth is the point of the forum Moderators on here, all they ever say is please send me a private message.

You send a private message and the response is sorry we are unable to help.

Is this just an attempt to shut down any forum post?

Why should the OP suffer for 2 months because of the continued Vodafone Ineptitude 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jarrvo wrote:

Sorry to be rude but why on earth is the point of the forum Moderators on here, all they ever say is please send me a private message.

You send a private message and the response is sorry we are unable to help.

Is this just an attempt to shut down any forum post?

Why should the OP suffer for 2 months because of the continued Vodafone Ineptitude 

The private message contains and link and instructions of what to do when you follow it. You're correct, we're not able to deal with your query over private message, which is why the link and instructions are in place. 

We don't send a message to 'shut down' a post, we send a message as we need to access account specific details to progress with a query. As this is a public forum, we wouldn't want people posting these on public threads as it may compromise the safety and security of their account. 

I think its probably for the best that Vodafone were unable to connect you, unfortunately the speed and customer service is absolutely shocking.

BT, Plustnet, Sky all offer a better service for only a few ££ moure... even an early 90s 28k dialup modem would be quicker than what i had to put up with

Run whilst you can.......do not let them connect you. I’ve never had problems with broadband like this in my life and we’ve only been connected since 9th Jan.... please if you have the chance go else where!