main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

im free at last

4: Newbie

just a last note to say to people who are frustrated over there speeds slowing down in the evening. bt activated my line today and guess what come evening its still downloading at the same speed. no kids moaning about games not working, no wife moaning about kids moaning. peace prevails in the household. so when vodafone say its not them dont believe them. it may be £2 more a month but well worth it. bb was on when i got up at 6 plugged router in and boom were off. no phone calls to nice but dim customer service. i dont do this to gloat, just to show there is hope elsewhere.:Ok_

View more options
9 REPLIES

Have our switch to BT on teh 19th. At least VF refunded money for the one month with them and it's no big hassle to switch providers.

View more options

In the final stages of getting an answer if they will terminate my contract without fee. Got to do 3 speed tests during the day tomorrow. Had issues since July on and off last few weeks have been unbearable.

View more options

why should you have to prove to them its them, do they think you got nothing better to do. they should look on here and realise theres a problem. have they told you it has to be in safe mode , if you are not that good on puter you got no chance. let us  know if mbs go through roof when you do it in safe mode.

View more options

If it gets me out of contract then I'll happily send them speed tests.

This morning I did 3 separate tests. My line is meant to be syncing at 37.2mbps.

Tests on pc in safe mode 

Ookla tested at 6.56mpbs 

Test my net came in at 1.2mbps 

Fast.com rested at 3.4mbps.

I've had a 15% discount since may as they haven't been able to give me the speed they sold me. They say " discount until they can fix it" no intention of doing that seeing as I'm 7 months down the road but still want me to prove that it's an issue with them not me.

Was tempted last night to start a switch with BT but concerned that Vodafone will block the transfer due to being mid contract. Hoping to try and switch in time for Christmas. 

View more options

they cant stop you moving , just might charge you for it, so id make sure your not out of pocket. luckily i realised after 2wks that nothing was going to change and could get out. even saying that i put complaint email in about week ago.just had text from directors office saying going to call me about recent email 7days ago, going to call me shortly that was hour ago. bit late i think . never known a major company with such crap customer service. dont know about left hand not knowing what right is doing, more like each finger.hope you get sorted. remember next time you want to change look at company community pages. not paid review sites.

View more options

Went onto live chat earlier asked what I'd be charged for leaving mid contract and what was the speed quoted when I started the contract. They came back to me stating I should be on 55mbps live sync was 37.2 so if I chose to leave I wouldn't be charged. Ensured I screen shot the conversation and started the switch to BT. Transfer on the 21st December 

View more options

Just received a dm from Twitter support stating I can't leave for free as I have the option of downgrading. Sorry but I have screen shots of live chat who accessed the account and told us we wouldn't be charged. If they got it wrong then that's not my fault. 8 months of not being able to achieve sync speed and now you decide to tell me to downgrade. Vodafone shouldn't of sold me the package they did. Looking forward to the dm reply 

View more options

Given apology on Twitter for being given wrong information from live support. Are you kidding me Vodafone live chat are representing Vodafone they have access to our account of they give you wrong information when checking tour account and you act on it then I'm sorry it's your fault not mine. Seeking advice on this from ofcom and citizens advice. I have screen shots of the conversation on live chat when we was told "no.... you won't be charged" 

View more options

well had bt for5 days and not had any problem with speeds, just steady 50mbs all day and night long

View more options