Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

pppoe session dropping and no support

boogey18
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello i hope someone is able to give me some advice.

my broadband keeps dropping once a day or twice  and i have been on the phone  since i joined vf

pppoe session drops for about a minute or longer. 

Current firmware version
wlan is turned off  and i am only using a wired connection from modem to pc.

they are  refusing to send me a new modem  and they keep telling me that the fault must be on my side 

and  a manager called nicola  told me there is nothing she could do unless my connection dropped more then 3 times a day .  are they serious ?

this is going on for over 3 months now.

is there someone that could give me an advice ?

Kind Regards

Andreas

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@boogey18

As we'll ned to perform specific checks on your service to diagnose the cause of your problem, please contact our Broadband Live Chat team and we'll be happy to help.

Lochsidelad
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I had this to begin with too.

Openreach tested the line, came and fitted latest faceplate, the lot. And to be fair VF were very very helpful.

But still these mysterious drops of pppoe. Sometime many times a day sometimes every couple of days. But never more than 3 days max.

My view is that was the router. It actually improved when I tried a firmware upgrade and it took it back to the same version you refer to, which in itself was a bit odd.

However, I have now got my pppoe credentials from VF and installed my own Third Party modem/router.

I wait to see how long it lasts before a drop, to prove my theory, but 35 hours so far.

Contact the chat line for yours if you want to do the same.