Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

router usb hdd access? how

gary101
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

how do i use the hdd pluged in to the usb.?

if i follow the guide when it says go to \\vodafone.station using a browser.

when i do it takes me to the router user page with the router settings 

14 REPLIES 14

machare
13: Advanced Member

Try entering \\vodafone.station on the top line of Windows 10 File Explorer .

Alternatively enter \\192.168.2.1 or what ever the IP of the router actually is.

have tried this just gives error no file found.

the given instructions on the device help pages are no help as it says the same, also the shown images are not what i have on my router ?

machare
13: Advanced Member

Maybe try using a normal USB 2 stick connected to the router first and see if that works.

tried that also.

i was with BT and had no issue with that router which you just had to browse to the ip address.

i am getting no notification in the router pages that indicate that anything is connected in the usb. should i?

i have just got the settings tab and its set to allow sharing.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for our delay in responding @gary101

When you get logged into the router on 192.168.1.1 can you try these steps:

• Make sure the USB is connected to the port on the side of the router
  • Change top right to expert mode 
  • Go to the tab at top “Sharing”
  • Under “Hard drives”  make sure "share all”  is turned on
  • Below look for the name of your USB device
  • When you click on it you should then be able to see the available files available to be downloaded

If these steps don’t work can you confirm if you’re you able to see your USB device? If not can you confirm the device your using is being recognised when you connect it to other devices?

Can we also ask if the set up guide you followed was in our device guides

Finally we need to confirm if your USB version is 2.0? Versions beyond 2.0 are not supported by the router and so would not show as an accessible device.

If all these steps don’t allow you to access your USB can you try a full factory reset on the router and then attempt the set up again?

Faulty router.

seems to be working now with replaced router.

as i stated nothing was showing on the router pages.

once i tried the new router it was there.

As other posts had stated that they seems to be a batch of faulty / disabled routers out there.

All so would help if the on line device help pages show the correct screen shots for the router.

Hi,

Is it still the case with the latest routers, that no USB devices above 2.0 can be accessed through the router USB port?

Thanks

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

No, and it has never been (as far as I know) so.

I have been using a USB3.0 portable 2Tb disk for the last 2 years, although it only works at USB 2.0 speed, connected to a Vodafone model THG3000 router.

My new Vodafone Ultra Hub has a USB 3.? port but the connection no longer works with the same disk nor with a 1Tb USB 3.0 stick. I am also looking for help to get this working.