main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

slow speeds on fibre 76Mbps

2: Seeker

Hiya. Over the last few weeks (could be longer) I have noticed that 76Mbps fibre broadband goes down to as low as 10Mbps between 6pm and 11pm and then suddenly jumps back up to 67Mbps at all other times of the day. I have been in touch with Vodafone and they requested speed tests which i did send them, now ive to do them in safe mode... it feels like they are making me jump through hoops to try and get them to sort this. Has anyone else encountered this, and what did they do? Thanks in advance

View more options
50 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

@kian3010 what speed test site are they asking you to use?

If you do a speedtest using the BT Wholesale site (http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/) following the 8 bullets points exactly then send the details to Vodafone, that should cover all the bases they are likely to get you to try so they shouldn't mess you about after that.

Having said that if your speeds are fine most of the day and only degrade during peak hours there may not be much you can do about it, it could be purely down to the fact that the network is busy. 

View more options

Not much they can do. Was with sky and never had an issue with them. They didnt want me to use the bt one. They wanted me to use speedtest.net. I know it may drop a little during peek times but to drop 56Mbps is a hell of a lot.

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi,

Im having the same issue, i was promised 76mb when i signed up a couple of months ago, BT Wholesale says 80mb possible.

However its dropped from 56mb to 2.7mb at peak times, which beyond useless for Netflix etc.

Spoke to a Tech2 rep today and basically the said the local exhange is over subscribed, they are aware and its on a list of potential upgrades but it could take upto 6 months to fix!

However as they arent honouring their minimum speed guarentee i could leave without paying a penalty, or stay and possibly receive a partial refund for the slow speed.

View more options

This is happening to me too. 72mpbs down to around 18mbps between 7 and 11.  Shocking. Spoke to support and they told me to reconfigure router by setting different Wi-Fi channels etc. Its Done absolute shaft all. Anyone know a number I can phone to potentially cancel my contract early? I'm stuck til June and can't take this anymore.

View more options

@Matttonic Sorry to hear you're not getting the speeds you were expecting. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, we can then pass this on to our Broadband team for further investigation.

View more options

I'm afraid I am experiencing exactly the same issue... Been with Sky for three years in the same house, absolutely no issue. Now with Vodafone fibre, supposedly 76Mbps, after 7pm it drops gradually to 2 Mbps, and some days even static web pages time out... Steaming anything is out of the question... I am now going through the support getting me to send results from tests on safe mode, but reading your experiences makes me want to cry... Am I stuck with these speeds until the end of the contract? 

View more options

No your not stuck with Vodafone they have a guaranteed minimum speed, if your connection is falling below that you can cancel at your earliest convenience with no penalty.

You may have to allow them 28 days to fix the issue, if it's fixable within that timeframe.

I have just gone through the processyself, took a few weeks but other than having to deal with the awful Vodafone customer service it went relatively smoothly.

Wouldn't recommend Vodafone to anyone

View more options

It is 10 pm on a weekday and this is what I get out of my 76 Mpbs fibre... I am furious, this happens every single evening... I am NOT paying ONE more penny for this sorry excuse of fast internet.

View more options

Does anyone have the number to phone so I can cancel this ##~## excuse for fibre broadband. In contract til June but I was promised minimum 52mbps. Around 20mbps I get in evenings. 72.1mbps during day.

View more options

@Makinen We'll be more than happy to pass this along to our Broadband team for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so they can investigate further.  I apologise that you've not been getting anywhere near the speeds your expecting and completely understand your frustration.

View more options
3: Seeker

I'm in the same position - signed up from the 22nd December 2017 - was originally with SSE - never had any issues of slowdown and very good constant speeds.  now I'm getting regular download speeds of 2 to 7mb but uploads are consistently 19-20mb. Very Poor, and can't be anything to do with the exchange if getting the full 70mb plus with the previous supplier! 

View more options

Update.  Vodafone tech3 said my speeds were within range. It's terrible customer service that you can't speak with anyone higher than  customer services. They allowed me to leave without penalty and now with new supplier. Surprise surprise I'm getting constant 60Mb speeds in the evenings now compared to between 8-20Mb that I was getting with Vodafone. Just waiting for mobile phone contracts to be up now and will be moving them as well due to terrible customer service.

View more options

Kian

Who is your new supplier? I'm waiting to see if Vodafone can fix my line speed issue...guaranteed speed is 73, currently getting 30, it's dropping a mb a day! Contacted Broadband support through pm 2 days ago and am awaiting a response but I'm already looking to see what other suppliers are out there.

View more options

I would not hold my breath... I sent them my speed test results as instructed on Wednesday morning, still no reply...

View more options

I sent my speedtest results about 3 weeks ago. Heard nothing.

View more options

@Makinen @Matttonic Sorry to hear you've not heard anything back. Could you please provide us with the email reference we'll have sent you, when you got in touch - it'll look something like this [#1234567]

We'll then be able to chase this up for you.

View more options

@TJ wrote:

@Makinen @Matttonic Sorry to hear you've not heard anything back. Could you please provide us with the email reference we'll have sent you, when you got in touch - it'll look something like this [#1234567]

We'll then be able to chase this up for you.

@TJ my reference was FLT08396803. Not sure if this is what you need.

View more options

@Matttonic I'm sorry for any confusion, the reference we need will be in the subject line of the auto repsonse we sent you. It normally look like [#112345678]. Once we've received this reference, we'll be able to provide you with an update to you query.

View more options

@Mark wrote:

@Matttonic I'm sorry for any confusion, the reference we need will be in the subject line of the auto repsonse we sent you. It normally look like [#112345678]. Once we've received this reference, we'll be able to provide you with an update to you query.

The first response i got was a private message from TJ on the 8th of January telling me to send email putting the reference WRT165 - I have no other number. It's simple enough to look up surely. 

View more options