main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

two my vodafone accounts

2: Seeker

I have an account for my payg vodafone mobile - all ok. I now have a Vodafone superfast 1 and home phone connection ( active )  I cannot - all I try - register for My Vodafone for my broadband account - it says already registered on order no screen.  Have phoned help lines - still cannot register.

It seems to me the system just cannot take two accounts - even with separate email addresses ?

I do not want to make my mobile monthly - more than happy with payg. And have been told I cannot merge a payg account to a monthly - but should be able to have separate accounts - so long as emails are differnet ?

View more options
10 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Yes that's right @Geoff-bristol

As far as I'm aware you cannot at this time merge Vodafone Accounts. 

Another has to be created using a different email address and a different password. 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat maybe able to help you with setting one up. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @Geoff-bristol

The first thing to do is to clear your PC cache and cookies and try adding the broadband account to your PAYG account.

This has now changed, all subscriptions can be shown on a single account under the same email address, customers will be able to see the accounts on their account summary.  That means broadband, pay monthly and PAYG can all share the same online account and will share the same bill. The only exception will be the broadband phone application where you would like to download the application to your phone.

If there are continued problems with adding the broadband account to your PAYG account, this should be something where Customer Services will be able to help.

View more options

Live chat originally said I could merge my payg mobile and my broadband pay monthly as one.

I phoned customer services - and was told I cannot. But should be able to open a separate account using a different email. I have set up a different email with vodafone.

Customer services have emailed me to say its all sorted  now - just register online as a new account. It still does not work. It will not recognise my order no - or home phone no - even with cookies cleared. Why cannot Vodafone just email me a user name and temp password ? Is that too easy !

I don't really need my vodafone for my broadband - not much to change - but I do use it a lot for checking my data and calls on payg.  However - without being registered - its a pain to go through reams of security info when you are just trying to change something - because you do not have a pin ?  I have just switched off free voicemail - as it was auto killing all phone clals after 3 secs - and I have an answerphone. It was easy to do - but took an age to clear all the security questions on live chat.

In an ideal world - I should beable to walk into the Vodafone store in Bristol and get it sorted ?

People have not got time for all this. Just register with a simple username of choice and password - like on this forum - then if you need to do anything more security sensitive - ask for extra id stuff.

I go through more hoops to check what data I have used on my phone at times -  than I go through with my online banking with lloyds !

View more options

Hi @Geoff-bristol

My goodness, you are having problems.

You can definitely merge your PAYG and broadband and have both accounts on the same online account, and you should be able to see the accounts on the My Vodafone Application.  The only thing needing to be separate would be the broadband application.

As you have aleady been through the Customer Service channels and are no further forward, it sounds like you need the help of the forum team here.  Give them time to get to the thread and they will be able to get this tidied up nicely for you.

View more options

So - if I log in to my payg my vodafone account ( which works ok ) - is there a way there to add another account - ie my boadband/home phone account ? I see an add account setting but presumed that would just be another mobile sim ?

I use the online page via Chrome - not the app. Works fine ( generally )

View more options

Hi @Geoff-bristol

I have been looking around my account to see if there is anything to help with your question.  Apart from My Vodafone being slow tonight and it taking ages to do anything, unfortunately I was unable to find anything.

I always though any extra numbers or, in your case broadband, would automatically be added to the online account.  I have found this link from support but Vodafone could make this clearer:  Can I use My Vodafone with more than one Vodafone number on my account?

The best thing to do is to wait for one of the team to get to the thread, they will be able to get this solved.

View more options

Hey @Geoff-bristol, sorry for the delay in responding.

We'll need to check your billing accounts to see how things are set up here.

Once we have visibility, we'll be able to sort something out to make your My Vodafone experience better.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

View more options

I have tried to read your message. You say put the number in the box - there is no box in my Firefox.I really cannot be bothered - I don't need this hassle of comunications - from a  firm who deal in communictions.

I don't need to use My Vodafone for the broadband on a regular basis - and my payg account works fine.( I use that a lot when I am away from home )

As a bonus - your broadband ( to date) has been very stable and as fast as promised on ethernet.

superfast 1 - every test I have done on sams speed etc - has been 30 + up, 10 down and latency of 18 - 24 ms, For my simple home use - phone/tablet win 10 laptop on wifi - main box on ethernet - the wifi has been realiable and ten time s faster than the BT non fibre I had before.

Any speed test I did on non fibre was max 3.5 mbs and often 1 mbs !

So actually I am very happy with your service for the money.

Its your personal communications that seem to be like battling your way through a mass of sticky spaghetti - its need improving.

View more options

Hi @Geoff-bristol

When you receive the PM, there is a link on the message to the Vodafone Social hub.  A box will then open up for you to enter the code in the subject heading and include your account information, the routing code will direct your emailed reply to the Team.

Within minutes, you will receive an automated reply looking like #123456.  When you receive this code enter it on the thread and the Team will be able to get back to you.

I really hope you are able to get this sorted.

View more options

Well - the problem is in Firefox your window does not scroll - so a I am unable to read the whole message. Talk to your web designers maybe !!

I have now managed to register.

After agaiin climbing through the security hurdles of speaking to online chat ( with no pin its a very drawn out process ) I was informed I already had a user name - was given the user name - and an email of temp password. All working - very simple really !

Why has it taken me 6 weeks to get that from you ?  A long drawn out phone call to your office - a shop in Bristol with 10 staff and ten computers - unable to help ?

Why no email to say what date the direct debits will start ? That would have saved me an hr or so of lost time through online chat trying to find out when to expect a debit.

At least the online chat this time quickly sorted out the 'mystery user name' I knew nothing about. At least now I have a pin - it will be less hassle to talk to you, but somehow I think it preferable to just deal with a website.

Maybe soon it will all be robots I am talking to - I suspect it will work better then !

Try learning something about communication !!!

View more options