Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

video streaming/buffering

pittnuma
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Having just switched from Sky with 0 issues (I was on a 38MB fibre contract) I am wondering if I have made a huge mistake switching to Vodafone.

I am on on the Vodafone 38MB Fibre, showing as 35-38 down, 3-4 up sometimes 8-10 on a speedtest, which is not too bad but this does not translate.

At present to watch a Youtube video at 1080p I have to wait 5-6 mins for the video to load or put up with buffering, this is unacceptable, this is 2017 for crying out loud.

I am on a clean install new PC, nothing running in the background.

What do I have to do to get this sorted?

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @pittnuma

It can take approx 10 days for the connection to fully settle after activation date and very occasionally 30 days. Bear in mind you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee to be able to leave. 

How are you connecting to your device ie WiFi or Ethernet cable ?

Are any more devices connected to your broadband ?

Can you run another speedtest perhaps using the Ookla Speedtest.net option and repost your download , upload and ping stats. 

You could also speak to the dedicated Broadband Team so they can check at their end too. 

08080 034 515 for broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

OK, day 7 so I shall wait until after day 10 but, things are getting worse, I'm having to watch in 240p.

Im connected ethernet, no other devices connected apart from my phone which is doing nothing.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pittnuma Please keep us updated with how you get on after the ten days have passed.

Should you still be experiencing issues after this time, we'll be happy to advise you further.

I shall, 

I can say last night I was down to 240p with stuttering, tried on multiple browsers still the same. 

Having issues my self with Vodafone atm... on 80/20 package but getting 40/20 on speed tests =-/ noticed youtube buffering before it starts too, not too much more enough for me to notice it!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smir

When you did the speed tests that gave you the results listed, were you using a WiFi or wired connection?

If you were using WiFi, please try this again using a wired connection as we're unable to guarentee the minimum speed using a WiFi connection.

Through a wired connection, it’s mental how unstable it’s been recently and Vodafone don’t really care? Something must have changed recently?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Smir Please check the sync speeds by logging into your router menu. You can do this by going to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1 and entering the password vodafone 🙂

Be sure to post back your results as this will help us to identify any potential issues. 

It’s all there (proper speed) but at certain times it struggles and you can really feel it when browsing or even gaming which is such an issue! Unsure why never had any issue with previous provider..