Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3 hours on hold later - Empty promises and lies by the Vodafone CS

RSI
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Some background.

I've been getting leaflet from Vodafone/Cityfibre on weekly basis since July about their new and exciting FTTP available at my address!

Thought I'd take them up on that offer and initial installation date was 14th of October. However on 11th of October I get a call from Vodafone saying their connection partners are having issues with the line and therefore unable to proceed with the 14th Installation. At the same time they mentioned I will be compensated for any delays cased. On 13th of October I get an email and a text saying my service will be live the next day and to make sure I was home for the installation or I will be charged. This was weird as I was told this was cancelled, so I called up straight away and the rep told me that the problem was fixed and the installation will continue as scheduled on the 14th.

And as you can probably guess, nobody showed up, I called again to enquire & complain about this, as I've had to re-arrange my plans to make sure I stayed home for it. I was then told that this is unfortunate and the Issue has not been fixed and I will be compensated for £25 for the missed installation appointment plus £5 per day of late installation until it is Installed. We agreed on a tentative review date of 25th of October, if by then Vodafone can still not Install the fibre line, I will be compensated £25 + 5*11days = £80 on my bill and will be free to cancel the installation.

On the 25th of October, I called back to ask for an update. Suddenly I was told that because the service is being cancelled, there is no way to credit an account - this is knowing I have a vodafone mobile contract. So I would be expecting you to credit that account. But instead they have offered an equivalent amount in amazon vouchers, which I had accepted, and I was told this will be recieved in 24 hours, today.

To nobodys surprise, I did not receive it today, and when I called back. Theres no mention of amazon voucher and have gone back to the old stance of "cancelling contract = no compensation". This was the last I've heard from the offshore CS team as I've been put on hold for a total of 3 hours now.

Anyways, the solution I am seeking is simple

Either, install the fibre broadband as promised via the initial contract and compensate the delay accordingly.

Or pay the agreed £80 compensation as promised on 15th of October & Take back your kit & stop spamming my house with inaccurate ads.

Or the equivalent in Amazon vouchers

5 REPLIES 5

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @RSII appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this information. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your broadband . I can see from your post that you recently took up the Fibre service. So if you'd like to discuss the account in more detail, we'd recommend that you reach out to our dedicated Fibre team by calling 👉 08080 034 515 from a UK mobile or landline. They'll be able to investigate what's going on for you. Unfortunately this isn't something we'd be able to help with via social media.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Farai

Are you sure the number you are posting for the dedicated Fibre team is correct?

I have always used that as the general broadband helpline (it was what I was given on the joining information), and it always takes ages to be answered.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Jayach, That is the best number to get through to the Fibre Team and Home Broadband support team 👍 Over on Social Media we don't have access to Fibre accounts - so fibre customers do have to reach out to that team instead.

Jayach

Ah, so the team is dedicated but the phone number is not.

gipjon

The best thing you can do is request a copy of your phone calls and a copy of your account notes . and then put a complaint in 

You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data that Vodafone holds about you under the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR)

you can request your SAR here https://www.vodafone.co.uk/gdpr-sars-form/