main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Abysmal service so far - Still not connected nearly 3 months later

2: Seeker

So,

I moved house in February and so like most household decided it would be a good move to get in early and subscribe to a new fibre broadband deal. I subscribed to the deal way before i requested activation. I subcribed and paid for the equipment early January and requested and activation date of 23rd February... you would think that would be plenty of time to iron out any issues right?.... Wrong... Its now 26th March and my service is still not active.

I have had multiple chats, phone calls and text messages that dont seem to stack up with eachother. I have logged an official complaint that i then chased 5 days later to be told it wasnt received! Followed by a phone call today where it was confirmed it was actually received on the 15th March meaning that their response on the 26th is significantly out of the 5 Days regulatory SLA - am i surprised..? NO

All the staff seem to do is blam Openreach, to which my simple response is that i have give them 6 weeks notice and we are now 5 weeks past that point to and still no service. I was told to buy a MiFi dongle so that i can use mobile broadband in the meantime. 5 weeks of mobile broadband - can you imagine trying to work from home, watch Netflix or do anything on mobile broadband for an extended period of time? - Oh i had to pay for the dongle by the way.

So now i have been told that the next update is on 29th when they 'may' be at a point to request activation a few days later.

Has anyone else had these problems? I am just so fed up, frustrated and stressed about it. If anyone else has been there did you get an apology or compensation? Someone should hit the Media with this seriously its a joke.

I have got a case handler now so fingers crossed that helps he seems to know what he's talking about. It's such a shame you have to send a formal complaint to actually be noticed.

View more options
6 REPLIES
3: Seeker

Yeah , the customer service is terrible, you have to ring up all the time and you get different answers to questionsdepends who’s working and they never do what they say thy are going to do , best off going to Bt or sky 

View more options

I'm disappointed to hear you've had this kind of experience @andynewham. So we can take a look into this for you, please contact us via the link in the private message I've sent you.

View more options

It’s already being handled by a complaint handler thanks. I posted to see if others have had problems to get/receive support from other users

View more options

So i have been contacted today again as promised and the update:.. There is no update and the next update will now be 4th April...

Ive literraly lost all faith in Vodafone. They couldnt even tell me what the problem is and just blame openreach's systems. I dont know what to do - should i just cancel and move to someone else?

View more options

@andynewham I'm sorry to hear we've not been able to provide you with an update from Openreach and completely understand your frustration. 

Please continue to keep us updated and let us know how you get on when we've contacted you again. We'd hate to see you go of course, but if you were looking into leaving you're covered by our 30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee.

View more options
12: Established

i realy hope that andynewham claimed the compensation that he was due 

compansaion.jpg

View more options