Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activated but no internet connection

Harms1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, I wish I read the postings in this forum before I switched from post office to Vodaphone. 

I have never experienced such terrible service. 

Broadband was due to go live 1st  July, I  have an active BT line, so it was activated but no internet despite the white lights indicating I have connection to internet and wifi. Called them to be told it could take up to Midnight. 

2nd July- still nothing, had been up at 7am chatting with their bot service, then called them all morning. The amount of time I have wasted only to be told lies.... 

They are saying there is an outage in the area, then another time I was told the external line was not fixed and needs to be connected. However I did get some internet on this day... so how can any of that be true.

Called back another time only to be cut off. I have always remained polite as possible, but this is something else. 

I have never had such bad customer service in my life. 

I have decided today 3rd July to cancel the entire thing. I have no idea when the internet will connect.. considering I had no problems with my previous provider, I cant understand all this shifting of blame. There was no effort to keep me as a customer either. 

I think if I was told something remotely truthful I would persevere, but you know as a consumer when you are being fed lies. I am surprised this company is even around. 

Any advice from others on what to do from hereon to make sure I don't get screwed over any further? 

I will be given 30 days cancellation.. 

Please don't reply Vodaphone with your patronising messages... do something fix it or you will lose many more customers. very poor experience and waste of my time...

4 REPLIES 4

Nikkie86
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there, 

I am struggling with the same issue.

In June I switched from BT to Vodafone and the activation date was 7 July but I have no internet at all ever since.

I have been calling and chatting every day. Every time they give another reason (server/line/openreach) and every time they promise it will work in 48hours/24hours/after midnight.

Today I spoke to a chat team manager who promised again it will work after midnight, but guess what, still nothing.

I am supposed to work from home but I have not been able to since 7 July.

I am getting mental. This is a nightmare.

I made a huge mistake to switch. Vodafone, never again!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nikkie86 I completely understand the importance of a reliable internet service when working from home, and this isn't the experience we expect for our customers! I'd recommend dropping our lovely Social Media team a message here. They'll be able to access your account for you and will be able to find an update on the matter.

Hi

If it were me I would ping a few places, and just check my settings.

ping's to 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 should both get a response.

Next may be the bbc

ping bbc.co.uk

A DOS/CLI 

ipconfig -all

and post anything relevant.

Just to while away the time while awaiting disconnection and a new provider.

gordon8wp
4: Newbie

I've had almost the same issues, but in my case it was all about modem itself. After some adjustments, I've understood that I have to purchase a new one, and this great centurylink compatible modems article helped me a lot about choosing ZyXEL PK5001z. It works perfectly now, and I'm absolutely satisfied that it's compatible with CenturyLink.