Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activation nightmare - 5 weeks and counting

chloe_nayler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I placed an order with Vodafone at the start of June, with an activation date 3 weeks later on June 26th. The router turned up a few days before this and all seemed fine.

However, by the end of the day on the 26th the line was not active. No problem I thought, we were away for a few days anyway. We came back a few days later and to our surprise the broadband was still not working. I contacted Vodafone who assured me that it would be sorted within 48 hours. 48 hours pass and still no broadband. Over the next week or so I contact Vodafone every day and then by the end of the week I get a call saying that my broadband will definitely be working by the end of the day. Not working at the end of the day.

Over the next few weeks I contact Vodafone near enough every day to be told 'your service will be working in 48 hours. It has now been 5(!) weeks since the original activation date and 8 weeks since I made the order and it still is not working. Vodafone are blaming Openreach which doesn't help because Openreach will not speak to you, you must go via your service provider. 

This level of service is unacceptable, I am trying to work from home using patchy 4G. The customer service are essentially bots, they have a script to read from and are literally useless.

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I hope Vodafone is seeing and responding to my post. Otherwise I would have to undergo the lengthy tug of war you two have undergone.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@jimfan wrote:

I am quite sure Vodafone has started billing you, right? To protect my money from being deducted for a non-existent service I have suspended the direct debit.

Cancelling a direct debit is never a good idea, it can lead to problems with your credit rating and that can be a nightmare to get corrected.