Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another activation fail

Logicpro8_user
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, reading other posts, I am not alone with my recent activation issues. Order Vodafone broadband Supportfast 100 on 12th October with activation on 26th which is all great, got all the emails etc, router arrived. come the 26th October, I plugged in the router just like I did for BT broadband that Vodafone is now replacing. All lights on the Vodafone router went white, logged into the router, status is all fine, fibre connected, however, I am only presented with the standard Openreach message. 

SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your internet browser and internet applications before attempting to reconnect. This may clear the issue immediately, if not then please select the appropriate action from list below.

1. Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information.
    Or
  2. You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain, check your user details.
    Or
  3. You are testing your connection using bt_test_user@startup_domain. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider
    Or
  4. You are testing your connection to your service provider using bt_test_user@domain. where "domain" is your Service Provider domain name. Please proceed to next step as advised by your Service Provider.
    Or
  5. The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your service should be resumed soon. Please try again later or contact your Service Provider

Page maintained by BTWholesale

Having read it can take up to 24h after the activation date, I left it for 24h before trying again. Come today, the 27th of October, the same issue, the same message. So I contacted live chat support, twice,

1st attempt: The agent said everything is working and enabled, and he took the serial of my router and said wait for 2h and try again. Same issue, same message.

2nd attempt: Agent said there is no issue and I should connect my Vodafone router, power cycle it, check wires etc, done all that and the same issue. he said he is escalating on the Vodafone side and I could wait for 72h for a reply, meanwhile, they send me my first bill of course and an email saying "you're now fully connected" which is a bit of a joke TBH. When I was with BT, they connected me within 1 day, with no issues.

So sitting at home on 4g (2 bars of signal) working from home with no broadband, Thanks Vodafone, really making life easier.

Vodafone if you can assist me, please message me, and what's the issue here with activation, this is seriously letting you and other ISPs down (Sky etc). Whats seems to be the issue with Openreach, if you google the Openreach message everyone is seeing, the internet is full of issues and complaints. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Interestingly yours is the first post I have seen on here with that message,

As you are getting nowhere with Vodafone support I would raise a complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone

Hey, 

I did see a few when I google it, one from Sky and about on BT and Plusnet, however, here is an example of the message on Vodafone's forums https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-activation/Broadband-not-activated-3-weeks-after-activatio... There are more if you look a little deeper. I raised a complaint now via the online form, thankyou, the thing is, I bet these issues could well be avoided, and it's some setting somewhere that needs to be changed.  

Thanks for the link @Logicpro8_user, that's from before I joined (May 2020) so hadn't seen it. It certainly sounds like it should be easily cured, if they get the right person on it.

For sure, Hoping for an easy fix. On another forum it is suggested that this msg is seen because the router is attempting to authenticate with the wrong credentials. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/No-internet-access/td-p/1495119, there are a few links like this where the issue was the router using wrong creds. Maybe the same issue for me, however, see nowhere to enter anything on the router settings, possibly some type of profile or details are sent to the router on the first connection that has failed.

I could be wrong but I would have thought if the router is showing all white lights then the router is authenticated but its connected to an open fibre port connection that the exchange didn't synchronise to any ISP. uplift and shift on the cabinet may sort this issue out but you need a openreach engineer to do this .

In plain English . The openreach engineer who installed your broadband got told to connect your wires to port ( lets just say 93 ) in the green cabinet and he has connected your wires instead on the port 94 that's not sync to anywhere. So you will get the openreach bRAS error page

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

I could be wrong but I would have thought if the router is showing all white lights then the router is authenticated but its connected to an open fibre port connection that the exchange didn't synchronise to any ISP. uplift and shift on the cabinet may sort this issue out but you need a openreach engineer to do this .

In plain English . The openreach engineer who installed your broadband got told to connect your wires to port ( lets just say 93 ) in the green cabinet and he has connected your wires instead on the port 94 that's not sync to anywhere. So you will get the openreach bRAS error page

I believe you are wrong (although I can see what you are saying). As far as I known the internet LED will flash red whilst is is establishing a DSL connection to the Openreach cabinet. It will then the start to flash white whist it authenticates to Vodafone. Only alter It has fully authenticated to Vodafone will it go solid white.

I am stating this based on my own experiences of FTTC. FTTP connections may well be different.

gipjon

I believe you are wrong (although I can see what you are saying). As far as I known the internet LED will flash red whilst is is establishing a DSL connection to the Openreach cabinet. It will then the start to flash white whist it authenticates to Vodafone. Only alter It has fully authenticated to Vodafone will it go solid white.

I am stating this based on my own experiences of FTTC. FTTP connections may well be different.

I have seen this a few times now around the web with the fixed. There is another post here that is identical where all the lights are white with the bt standard error page 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-activation/Broadband-not-activated-3-weeks-after-activatio...

Jayach

It may be that the internet LED goes white because the BT service has intercepted and displayed the error message by providing a limited authentication.

It would be interesting if @Logicpro8_user could let us know if it was cured by Vodafone or if it needed Openreach being called out again.

My fibre modem returns that message when I plug the router into port 1, which formally provided me with FTTP from BT. Vodafone is supplied from port 2.

A simple test is to plug the ethernet cable from your router into another port in your modem.