Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Activation - Never happened

neo4403
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I see there are several posts on failed broadband activation, I didnt know if it makes sense to open up another post but I thought I would atleast get a reply from Vodafone by doing this.

Vodafone disconnected our old broadband on activation date on 13 Nov and did not provide any service to us. 5 days without internet now, this is the first time in my life I am seeing such a worst migration process. Helpdesk is crap and broadband activation team dont care about my calls except reading a script - "Openreach will update again on so and so date". This is utterly ridiculous. Its my mistake that I havent seen the forum before placing the order with Vodafone otherwise I wouldnt have ordered.

How can Vodafone disconnect my old broadband if they cant activate new connection? I work in IT, seeing all this is mind boggling!!

Has anyone experiencing the same issues thought of complaining to Ofcom or the Ombudsman?

39 REPLIES 39

adsb
4: Newbie

Any news Neo?

Hey, thanks for asking.

Its shocking, i called the activation team this morning and they said that Openreach will update on 20 Nov. Openreach didnt even check the cabinet, its just ridiculous that a company like Vodafone cant manage the migration properly. I dont have any hopes that the service will be live anytime sooner after reading so many posts on activation. I wonder why Vodafone is luring customers to sign up and doesnt deliver. Do they need our data to do something because we give all the details including back accounts too!! Vodafone didnt even sign up for Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme so they dont care how much delay they cause for new connections.

Very true, I noticed the auto compensation thing after I signed up (more fool me!), It'd be racking up a nice little sum for the two of us haha

Totally underwhelmed my friend, sick to death of it all. 20 years on the interwebs never had anything like this - sure they'll blame it on covid, Open Reach, fault on a previously working line, but really they should say significant activation delays then at least we'd know and have a back up plan or choose another ISP.

GOOD LUCK!

My activation date has just passed, it was meant to be yesterday 20/11/20.  I have landline tone but no Super fast 2 broadband.  I called Vodafone customer services this evening and they couldn't access my account because the pin failed, I was told to call back another time.  I'd waited on the phone for an hour and 10 mins to get that!  I never had problems like this with SKY which is where I was until now.  All I get on the router is the red flashing internet light.  My Sky router picks up nothing either!  I'm really angry and frustrated to put it mildly!

Welcome to the non activation club! My original date was 9th November still nothing as of 21st November 🤔

Neo any news from your end take it you are still offline?

Good afternoon!!

you are correct, still offline. No call from Vodafone. I am on phone with them now and they said Openreach will update again on 24 Nov. They even disconnected the mifi device as data was limited to 2gb. What a bunch of idiots !!

I wish I was a lawyer I could have sued them. I saw openreach super fast fibre van in my street yesterday but he did not do anything I guess. 

@neo Thats a shame was hoping someone might have good news haha

Not seen Open Reach around my way for weeks. Think this is going to be a long journey. I'm live on 26th... yeah right 😉

Bit cheeky giving you a 2GB card! I've got an unlimited sim, but its only useable on 3G, so 3-5mb downloads here, okay for email, browsing but no good for gaming. Hello PS5, goodbye PS5.

I rung Vodafone this morning,

She asked for the router serial number, it matches what they have on the system.
I was put through to a man as well and they both said it was activated at their end.
An Openreach engineer will visit 23/11/20. My line has been fine when I was with SKY.
He can see the router when he runs a check at their end.
The router hasn't accepted the broadband from the beginning.

I suspect it's a problem with the router, I just wish they'd send another one.