Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Activation - Never happened

neo4403
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I see there are several posts on failed broadband activation, I didnt know if it makes sense to open up another post but I thought I would atleast get a reply from Vodafone by doing this.

Vodafone disconnected our old broadband on activation date on 13 Nov and did not provide any service to us. 5 days without internet now, this is the first time in my life I am seeing such a worst migration process. Helpdesk is crap and broadband activation team dont care about my calls except reading a script - "Openreach will update again on so and so date". This is utterly ridiculous. Its my mistake that I havent seen the forum before placing the order with Vodafone otherwise I wouldnt have ordered.

How can Vodafone disconnect my old broadband if they cant activate new connection? I work in IT, seeing all this is mind boggling!!

Has anyone experiencing the same issues thought of complaining to Ofcom or the Ombudsman?

39 REPLIES 39

@ division did you say no VSDL through your Sky router too? Get the impression you'd see it light up at least if there was. My billion router doesn't light up and the Vodafone blinks even if the BT plug is pulled lol

Sky router light doesn't light up at all, Vodafone router light flashes red constantly.  Sky and Vodafone use different network types which I can't change as both are ISP standard routers.

Vodafone THG3000 router uses connection type 'PPPoE' and Sky ER115 router uses connection type 'MER/PPPoA'.

Red light blinking on my VF router too but after nearly an hr call with VF service desk (in Egypt!!) he says Copper line was activated but Openreach identified a problem with Fibre. So all new VF connections may have issues if the cabinet is at capacity as Openreach doesnt give monkeys to create more capacity.

Hi

To activate a non-standard router on VF I believe you need to register it.

You need a name and password, like....

dsl    xxxxxxx  @    broadband vodafone  co   uk

pwd secretsauce

mine was given me by VF but I have the std router and never used it, but who knows.

A relative of mine was put onto fibre and it didn't work, flashing light etc. I could not get a connection so...

Call Customer Service, Line was tested and no fault found, it was working.

3 days later OR arrived ( a new cabinet was fitted in the street a few feet away),  so fibre was to the new cabinet, house was on the old cabinet. A few feet of wiring and solved.

HOW/WHY the test was done and pased 100% is a mystery to me.

Is 0 8080  0345 15 still relevant to shout at people on?

Is 0 8080 0345 15 still relevant to shout at people on?

Nope, they don't want to hear from you or me or anyone else, funny really because communication is their business haha

Correct!

They must be seeing this forum and just ignoring all. They should be penalised for the amount of stress they are causing to all customers. Its different if they are having intermittent issues, but its worse when they say they can provide "superfast broadband" and disconnect the old service but cant provide you any service. Vodafone wonders!!

Good news, I have Vodafone Broadband.  😀  The Openreach engineer visited today and discovered that they hadn't physically changed the wiring in the box outside nearby hence no internet.  I was still connected to SKY (although not active).  It was only my phone line that got switched on Friday 20/11/20.  It's amazing how the Vodafone 2nd line support man on Saturday said that he could see my router at his end.....  How? I was connected to SKY at that time.  I am getting about 8.5mb/s download speed far from 60+.  My package is supposed to be "Superfast 2", doesn't feel any/much quicker than my standard SKY package...

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Divizion wrote:

I am getting about 8.5mb/s download speed far from 60+.  My package is supposed to be "Superfast 2", doesn't feel any/much quicker than my standard SKY package...

Were you on ADSL or VDSL (FTTC) with Sky?

What did Vodafone quote as your expected speed.

What does the BT broadband checker suggest your line is capable of?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

I keep getting confused as I refer to Mb/s as Megabytes per second, however in the ISP "advertising world" they refer to Mb/s but they mean (if they were to spell it out) Megabits per second.  Big difference as there are 8 bits in a byte...

I haven't had a lot of time to test things so far, but downloading web pages feel the same.  What I have noticed though is that uploading files is a lot quicker than I was with SKY.

@ Jayach I was on ADSL with SKY.  Vodafone speed quote was what was on the website at the time for "Superfast 2".  I registered online.  Please see the attached screenshot of my BT broadband speed results.

@ Evie Thanks, however I'm concerned at how no one came out from Openreach to physically disconnect me from SKY to connect me to Vodafone on my activation date.

@ adsb Thank you.  I didn't know that my username was used elsewhere.  We have never chatted before as I have not used the websites that you mention.  I have heardly used many forums since the days of Madonion.com AKA Futuremark forums.

Thanks for the update, I was about to say small world but just the same username haha To be honest its slightly linked in as much as Currys are getting just as much grief as Vodafone at the moment!

I'd gladly swap my non existent connection for anything approaching 10megs!

Good luck and wish you well.