Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Activation

KeyhamBooks
2: Seeker

I run 2 computers and 2 routers.

The Vodafone router is my primary one replacing my EE one.

The second router (Develo) is connected to the primary one (EE/Vodafone) using the mains method. This was required because of poor signal strength at end of house, where my second computer is located. It was also required to stop buffering with 'On Demand' TV.

On installing the Vodafone router and connections (Internet, Power, LAN) I got all the lights OK (Power, Internet, WiFi).

On my primary computer clicking the WiFi symbol showed the Networks:

Vodafone04E8B5 Full 5 bar signal
develo-000B3BEA692E 2 bar signal
robb_farm (neighbour)

Clicking Vodafone and then Connect puts up the request for network security key.

Entering the password (Upper and lower case, with spaces between the blocks of four - as at top) and following the subsequent instructions, I get, 'The network security key isn't correct.'

Strangely, when I went to my No.2 computer it had connected to Develo OK - and still is. This is not a solution as I do all my business work on my No.1 computer (Printer, scanner etc).

Yesterday (3 Jun) I went on the Chat Line and I was taken through a full check which basically took me through all the things I had already done plus a hard reset. At this stage it seemed I had exhausted all the possibilities as the Chat Line stopped.

4 REPLIES 4

KeyhamBooks

My problems are listed in great detail above - but they are sorted by a very pleasant lady on 191. One problem was that I had thought, with the way it was displayed, that there was a space between each set of four characters - there isn't! That wasn't an immediate cure so we went through a hard reset. Bingo! Thank you very pleasant lady'.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Sorry for the delay in reaching your posts here @KeyhamBooks! It's great to hear we were able to get this sorted over the phone with you. If you ever need anything else in the future, you know where to find us! Enjoy your super fast speeds with us 😀

I would like to post a personal thank you to that lady who helped me this morning (Wed 1030 or so) and have her acknowledged as being so helpful. I have looked for a feedback form to do that without success.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KeyhamBooks We'd love to ensure your lovely feedback is passed on! Can you remember the lady in question's name and department they work in?