Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Activation

nadeemyousef
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Got to say not the best start with Vodafone Broadband.  Used the Vodafone chat on the  23 June as the Vodafone router did not arrive in preparation for activation on the 25 June.  Was advised don't worry its been dispatched on and will be with you on the 24  June .  On the 24 June was advised by the Activations team that my order for Broadband/Phone was cancelled which was news to me, anyway they advised the activation would go ahead on the 25 June and they have ordered a router for me.  Come activation day, I had to buy a router just to get connected to the internet as I'm still awaiting the router.  Called again and they advised don't worry I will send a a router and you should receive it by Monday (!!!!!!)  Do I need to wait for a few days before I get up the broadband speeds for Superfast 2 as I'm just getting Superfast 1 speeds?  

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @nadeemyousef 

It can take a few days for the connection to optimise and in some extreme cases 30 days.

Some help in Broadband-Support. 

There isn't account access via this forum so for the Vodafone Social Media Teams to check the issue with the Router I'd suggest to use the Twitter option and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services and it's not good enough really that you were told the router was en route to be then told the Broadband order was cancelled and then had to be reinstated and you've had to buy a router yourself at a cost just to get connected ! 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

I totally agree it can take a few days for the connection to settle but at the moment I’m only getting 37Mbps which is slightly less than my previous supplier.  I don’t mind waiting but I’m just wondering if Vodafone put me on Superfast 1 broadband rather than Superfast 2 due to the order being cancelled from their end and then being reinstated.   I know I’ve got 14 days to cancel but can’t afford to wait longer than that in order to cancel.  The router arrived yesterday and I have now connected it.  Using the Vodafone broadband app if I select sync speed, I’m getting an error “Sorry, we’re working on an issue”.  

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @nadeemyousef you're right that it can take up to 10 days to fully settle, but we're happy to double check the package that you're on. Just reach out to us on social media and we'll be happy to help!

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK