Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Installation First Day and not good impression

Yougish
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Today was my installation date and expecting an engineer between 8AM and 1PM. It is 9:30 and still no engineer. I was getting curious and spoke to Vodafone chat service and he informed me that i will not be connected today due to some technical issues. I didn't get any info about this and the order still says connection today. I just moved from a broadband company who did similar thing and were not serious and get so much delay. Then I gave Vodafone a chance and that's first impression. I have changed all my schedule to stay home today and missed on some classes.

For 2 weeks i was getting so many reminder by text and email until yesterday morning. And they least they can do is to inform me if engineer is not coming today. I could have just waited until 1PM.

Not great Vodafone!

5 REPLIES 5

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience @Yougish. If you'd like some updates on your order, we can help you take a look at the account via Social Media, all you need to do is drop us a message here and someone will help you investigate 👍 

Actually, the engineer did turn up an hour after I posted this. No idea why customer service told me that there was a line error in my property and my activation date was delayed and it won't be today.

The engineer came in and set up everything. 30 to 40 minutes after my line went live.

So I am happy now. 

Sorry probably I should I have waited but I was so upset when I have been given that wrong info.

Thanks for the update @Yougish. We're really happy that your service is working and we're sorry for the experience that you had getting to this point 🙂 

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Yougish wrote:

No idea why customer service told me that there was a line error in my property and my activation date was delayed and it won't be today.

I have been asked why am I on a Crusade about Vodafone staff/admin and policies etc. and to answer your question.

This customer is excited and feeling anxious and is worried about if the engineer is going to turn up etc. so as we all do, she has phoned up to check.  

This really does show how incompetent the Vodafone staff can be, If they don't know an answer they just make one up and lie. This is so you feel like the agent has helped you, so when you get the text message survey you tick the agent was good. 

The problem here is. If you now find your broadband is not working 100% correctly bearing in mind you are already feeling upset. You then have to phone up again and the whole thing starts again. which I find is disgusting. and is wrong on so many levels. mental health must be at an all-time high. The amount of staff that have absolutely no idea what they are doing must be at an all-time high as well. or they just lie to get a better rating. Every single newspaper has published stories about Vodafone support. 

This is a perfect example of why I am on my crusade against Vodafone it's because I can't believe a company this size can let this go on for this length of time treating vulnerable people (customers) like this.  Just for the record, I am fine. I have even had both my covid jabs and don't have an issue with broadband myself, If I did I would stand with a billboard at the Vodafone offices at Stoke-on-Trent making a scene and sending videos to the newsgroups and tv news etc . which I have not ruled out yet. as I am not that's far away from the offices 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going back to the original post were you expecting an Engineer to be there from 8am to 1pm!!!  I hadn't looked at the time stamp on the original post and thought your engineer must have turned up at 21:30!  Being honest about this most of the service you get from Openreach is more Bob's garage than rocket science!