Welcome to Vodafone Community
This is a new internet installation as I have just moved, but I am an existing customer with Vodafone as they are my mobile provider.
My initial installation was booked for 16th September, I was told by the engineer that they had to come back as someone else needed to access the line on the flat roof. Was told they would re-book for the 22nd September.
I didn't hear anything from them. Contacted Vodafone via webchat and was told that it would be installed by 24th September because there was a fault on the line.
It kept being rescheduled and 'readvised' throughout September, although Vodafone didn't ever update me, I had to contact them every single time. I spoke to one adviser who told me to stop contacting them about my issue and they would get in touch with me by either 'text or email' (that never happened).
I was then given an activation date of the 28th Sept by Vodafone. No internet and no communication from them. I followed up and was told that it had been 'revised' to an installation of 1st October. Still nothing, I was in contact with them the next week as well. I was then called by Openreach on the 15th October to ask if an engineer had arrived - I was not aware of the booking and was in the office. I was THEN advised that there was still a fault on the line and it would be resolved by the 19th, nothing on that date either, I contacted Vodafone who advised it had been updated to the 22nd, nothing on that date.
I then contacted them again (via webchat) and they told me there was a delay of 27 days from the 28th September, I was then promised that it would be activated by the 24th Sept. I have told them that if it is not active then I am cancelling my contract and I will follow through with it.
The service from Vodafone has been terrible and the lack of communication between them, me and Openreach utterly ridiculous. Every adviser I speak to assures me that the problem will be resolved and it never, ever is. If there is still a fault on the line, I don't know.
I am waiting to speak to yet another adviser now (25th Oct), but I will be telling them that I am cancelling my account and finding a provider that takes less than six weeks to install the internet.
Any advise is appreciated.