Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband activation in the current climate

FanDanGo86
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I'm scheduled to have an engineer come round next Friday (3/4/20) and I'm wondering if it's A) still going to go ahead? and B) if it's safe to do so?

I obviously want my new broadband if possible as mine's awful hence the switch but I don't want to put anyone at risk.

With live chat and phone lines being busy atm I thought I'd try here instead.

TIA Dan

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Until it is possible to get testing kits to see if engineers have had the virus it is unlikely that any OpenReach engineers will be entering customers properties!  Once there are tests engineers who have had the Covidvirus and are not infectious they'll almost certainly be dealing with priority repairs for vulnerable customers for at least a couple of weeks!

Vodafone should have some contingency planning in place - emphasis on the should have!

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FanDanGo86 Under the current circumstances, Openreach engineers will not be allowed to access your premises to help install your broadband. If this is required, it will delay your installation date. As we'll need to access your account to provide more information about this, please contact us privately through Facebook or Twitter with your full name and landline/account number.

Thanks for getting back to me. I managed to talk to someone on live chat today and fingers crossed all I should need is the line activating. So there shouldn't be any need for someone to come round. 

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FanDanGo86 we're still going ahead with activations that don't require an engineer visit 😊 So if your previous provider uses the Openreach infrastructure, then this will more than likely be the case. When taking out the order online or with one of the dedicated sales agents, this will then be instructed whether or not this is the case.  

No idea who the previous provider was as I only moved in to this flat a month ago but the phon line plug does have an Open reach logo on it. I've just had my router delivered today so fingers crossed there'll be no issue on Friday. Looking forward to having a proper connection 😁