Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband activation was due 26th February and still no broadband

doowBgi22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just to highlight the poor response you get from Vodaphone customer services when things dont go right.

First ten days of getting nothing but fake apologies and promises of call backs which were not actioned. Then the technical team making no progress and taking 24 hours to not do anything more than turn the router off and then back on again. Anyone else had their internet connect for 45 minutes or so and then all the lights including the power one start to flash and thats how the router stays. I am at the end of my tether about how I can get Vodaphone to help me.

10 REPLIES 10

Jayach
16: Advanced member

That has happened to a few people. The consensus is that the router is trying to update it's firmware and is failing.

I would suggest holding the reset button in for more than 10 seconds and let it reboot. If it then does it again I suspect you will require a new router.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @doowBgi22 

We're sorry to hear about your Broadband, are you up and running now?

We also take broken promises very seriously.

We'd love to take a closer look into your account to find out what's going on, if you haven't already drop us a message over on Social  with a link to this thread 👍

No still no broadband and more dispiriting is that there appears to be no solution forthcoming from Vodaphone only promises of updates "in 24 hours". I have been promised solutions within 24 hours about 8 times so far. The matter was allegedly referred to Vodaphones top technical team on Friday. Today I am informed of a further 24 hour delay, on monday and tuesday they wanted me to turn the router off and then on again !! that was the extent of their assistance.

Jayach

Did you just swap from another supplier or is this a new installation. What are the router LEDs showing?

Have they sent Openreach out?

Came from Sky and land line and broadband were fully operational before disconnection day.

Firstly we had no land line or broadband for 10 days - we got a phone line then an Openreach engineer came on 10th - he couldnt get broadband to work on the extension where sky had been connected. He then suggested moving the router to share main socket. Broadband then came on, he assumed it was fixed. After 45 minutes broadband disconnected. This has been the continuing saga if you turn off the router and then switch back on-  a good broadband service is received for about 45 minutes. Then and this has happened every time on the router - ALL the lights including power (?) internet and wifi all start flashing white and continue to flash like that. The router doesn't ever reconnect to the internet.

Jayach

@doowBgi22 wrote:
This has been the continuing saga if you turn off the router and then switch back on-  a good broadband service is received for about 45 minutes. Then and this has happened every time on the router - ALL the lights including power (?) internet and wifi all start flashing white and continue to flash like that. The router doesn't ever reconnect to the internet.

That has been happening to quite a few people recently. The consensus is the router is failing whist trying to update it's firmware.

Try resetting the router to it's factory settings. Try both from the GUI and by holding the reset button in for more than 10 seconds. If neither of those cure it I think you will need a new router.

Edit: Oh I said that earlier, did you try it?

Jayach

Just to add, once they start flashing don't just assume it has failed. Give it at least 10 minutes to complete the update.

How do I access the GUI ?

I think one of the first technical people got me to press a pen in the small hole on the back of the router. I wasnt sure that I had done it right but I can give it another go.

Jayach

Open a web browser on a PC connected to the hub and type the default IP address of the gateway. Default IP is 192.168.1.1. Enter the user name and password (the default name and password are on the bottom of the device) to access Vodafone GUI.

Factory reset is under Settings - Configuration.