main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband activation

Broadband is not working

Highlighted
2: Seeker

The broadband was meant to switch over to Vodafone yesterday but this seems to never have taken place or is still taking place. I was only alerted that there will be a 24 hour to 72 hour window of delay because of troubles transferring with Openreach. This was according to support I dealt with online on the Vodafone site. 

How  am I able to trust this when Vodafone should be alerting me to these things along the way and not leave me to blindly try and sort it out on my own?

I wanted a reference number and surety of this timescale he mentioned. This was never provided. My basic question is can I trust this new timescale and if not what direct recourse can I take? At the moment I have to to use internet tethered from my mobile.  Any help would be great, thanks

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Now my activation has been changed for the 26 September. Got the email a few hours ago. When I queried this online the operator said there was a mix up somewhere and now it has been reset to that date. Great start to my Vodafone subscription. 

View more options

Update: Vodafone sent me an email today confirming 26 September activation. But the email had the wrong landline number and account number. I then spent an hour correcting this through an online chat. Just at the end of the conversation the window somehow closed off and I was unable to save the transcript. I then tried in another chat a few minutes later for that operator to email me the previous conversation transcript. But to no avail. The worst part is not knowing either way what is going on. The help staff make the right noises but the promises feel hollow. We shall see.......

View more options

If Vodafone don’t activate internet on 26 September how easy is it for me to leave contract? Should I leave now? 

View more options